LegacyGT.com

Handling issue..Any real fix yet? Update?

One would suspect its probably been in an accident. They are never the same even after a relatively minor crash, especially if you smash up the wheels/suspension you end up twisting the chassis or pushing in the strut towers.

I'm still driving an old 2000 Outback that has most definitely been in a smash as they cannot even get the front wheel alignment right. It still drives fine at speed but it eats the front tyres faster than it should.

If the alignment checks out I would just be dialing in a bit more toe in in the front than factory. This has to sort out the problem.

my 03 Subaru did the same, told em to set the toe to 0. no problems since.

Installed the TS dampener.. Immediately noticed a difference and I love it. No more drifting.. or sloppiness. None. Still have the long screw in... Was dark when i did the install.. I feel confident controlling the car now. Could never go back to the wandering I would experience before.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back. I really hate this car. I paid 30k for a POS!

Got pulled over this morning for suspected DUI ! Reason:lane swerving!!!

The state trooper didn't expect to walk up to a driver laughing and cursing at the same time. For the life of me I couldn't track straight. Swapping out tires asap and getting alignment. Almost 50k on the LS2 's. Actually 2 of them have about 25k and one of those 2 was replaced about 10k ago. Hit pothole and sidewall bubbled on new tire. Don't. Ask.

Seriously. The trooper let me go, he was laughing with me when I got done ranting.

I'm back. I really hate this car. I paid 30k for a POS!

Got pulled over this morning for suspected DUI ! Reason:lane swerving!!!

The state trooper didn't expect to walk up to a driver laughing and cursing at the same time. For the life of me I couldn't track straight. Swapping out tires asap and getting alignment. Almost 50k on the LS2 's. Actually 2 of them have about 25k and one of those 2 was replaced about 10k ago. Hit pothole and sidewall bubbled on new tire. Don't. Ask.

Seriously. The trooper let me go, he was laughing with me when I got done ranting.

Do you know that ALL tires need to be replaced at the same time? When a single or two are changed then it/ they need to be equal to ones which are on the car by shaving.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul![emoji2]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Almost 50k on the LS2 's. Actually 2 of them have about 25k and one of those 2 was replaced about 10k ago.

So ... now you tell us: an AWD vehicle (2015 Legacy) with two 50,000 mile tires, one 25,000 mile tire, and one 10,000 mile tire. What could possibly go wrong? Don't blame Subaru for your own poor choices.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

So ... now you tell us: an AWD vehicle (2015 Legacy) with two 50,000 mile tires, one 25,000 mile tire, and one 10,000 mile tire. What could possibly go wrong? Don't blame Subaru for your poor choices.

Maybe he had them shaved??? Maybe not.

Did you buy the car new? My ‘15 3.6R was the same price and I bought it new in 8/2014. AWD and matched tires is the first thing you need to learn about when replacing tires. I’m on my fourth awd car and never had your issues. Tires usually made it to 40/45k miles and all four get replaced. I’m actually waiting to have something happen to my current runflats so I can replace all four with goflats. Lol. I don’t like the stiff ride of the rfts on my bmw. Never did. Never will.

Archived