LegacyGT.com

Need tires

I have a set of 17” black steelies with sensors on them. I have been kicking around the idea of going full snow tires. (2nd set)

OR... I would like any recommendations for better than OEM all season tires? My WRX Bridgestone Potenzas were good in the snow. These 18” Potenzas on the LGT are not good in the snow... not even a little bit!!

They also need replaced.

Please help... thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06's put on now will last you until the end of next winter, after that it would exclusively be a 3-season tire.

DWS's have tread wear marks for each condition (Dry, Wet, and Snow) and once you can't see the letter anymore it means it is not suitable for that condition.

But ideally if you drive over snow for longer than a month, it is worth it to have a set of Blizzaks or other dedicated winter tires that will last many more years.

• 1 month later...

Sweet, now to get some snow lol..

I myself run 2 sets as well. I use Continental PureContact DWS tires for Spring-Fall seasons, and Continental ExtremeWinterContact tires for the winter. As of yet, I have not put my Snows on the car for this season, and my PureContact DWS tires did quite well in the one storm we had so far. There were well over 150 accidents in the state during the storm, and I passed quite a few people who were spun out, But I had zero issues with the tires.

Great choice on the blizzaks. Winter tires will make a huge difference. My gf has an impreza and some regular all seasons. I had my blizzaks on and I was almost passing her going up an uncleared snowy road. I held back just in case she started sliding sideways.

Get those on your car and go find some snow! :cool:

Great choice on the blizzaks. Winter tires will make a huge difference. My gf has an impreza and some regular all seasons. I had my blizzaks on and I was almost passing her going up an uncleared snowy road. I held back just in case she started sliding sideways.

Get those on your car and go find some snow! :cool:

Any tire pressure recommendations? Not gonna pay Wagner Suabru twice to sync the tpms sensors for as short of a season as we have here in SW Ohio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived