LegacyGT.com

Drive Shaft Repair

Good morning folks. I'm working on my 2009 2.5i sedan, manual transmission. I didn't make it to work today because a problem I thought was a bad tire was actually the joint at the back of the drive shaft that has fallen apart, leaving the bracket on the differential and the cross on the drive shaft. I can't seem to find U joints available as parts for this vehicle, just complete drive shaft assemblies that go from the output of the transmission and get bolted to the input of the rear differential. Is that all that's available? There's no replaceable parts?

Photos shown are "It's 6 AM, I'm 2 miles out of town, and oh, that's the problem" (which somehow got flipped upside down upon upload?) and "Yeah, that looks awful, I'd better replace that too"

IMG_2015.thumb.jpg.d52455e4726c98ff124d678f4b2bb28c.jpg

IMG_2019.thumb.jpg.699cdb833b4de3f541af944802eaaae1.jpg

Can you have a driveshaft made from a few places.

You can buy a new OEM shaft.

May be a local heavy truck repair shop may be able to help you out too, they may know a local drive shaft repair place.

There is a link in JmP's sticky up top...

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/idea-web-links-saved-various-parts-219238.html

I bought a OEM a few years back. Make sure you have PB Blaster to spray the two bolts holding the carrier bearing to the chassis. They may be a DIY on here.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived