LegacyGT.com

Headlight inspiration

I have my headlights modded and also run 5000k hid in them but I think i want something different visually. In my opinion I think its just too dark and you overlook all the details inside the headlight which is a great design already. Not a fan of stock but growing out of my current design so I was curious what you guys are running maybe for some inspiration

You can see pictures of my retrofit in my thread and my build of them here: https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/forum/showoff/projector-retrofits/1443737-2009-subaru-legacy-hid-retrofit&share_tid=1443737&share_fid=179868&share_type=t

I tried to work with the design of the headlights but give them some depth.

You can remove the yellow pretty easily after you open the headlights up.

(sorry on mobile)

Is that an aftermarket? I want to take off the yellow color on mine.

Actually one of my buddies in our car group does a lot of headlights so we cooked it in the oven and popped the headlights apart and pulled the amber and painted the chrome housings black

You can see pictures of my retrofit in my thread and my build of them here: https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/forum/showoff/projector-retrofits/1443737-2009-subaru-legacy-hid-retrofit&share_tid=1443737&share_fid=179868&share_type=t

I tried to work with the design of the headlights but give them some depth.

You can remove the yellow pretty easily after you open the headlights up.

(sorry on mobile)

That looks pretty good, I agree with you completely on that thread saying that too much chrome makes the headlight look too busy. Theres so much going on but I want to be able to draw attention to the projector. I had jdm in my 2nd gen and I liked how the projector was the center of attention in those lights

yep and yep. a small fortune to do. did the full exterior jdm conversion.

They do look pretty damn good, it sucks you have to swap so much on the front end for the headlights. I've seen the European domestic market washer sets like your talking about and those are also gorgeous. I swear the us always gets the boring parts for these cars

Archived