LegacyGT.com

after market radio in factory location...... done...

daswrx

http://www.stimpco.com/carpix/lol/sign_omfg.jpg

Okay i just messed my pants...

Now that is over with..

(deep breath)

OMG OMG OMG....

Okay

must

stop

hyperventilating

So

yes..

How about this... I send you my JDM climate control, you see if you can get it to work with your hax0r skillz and i'll pay you for your time since i dont have any lately :)

But either way OMG

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

you have the jdm one.... thats non dual right? how much did you pay for it? where? i wanna see how that thing is like......

peep the pics...

I would be down for paying you for your time to see if it would work

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19191&page=3

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

pluged in and doesent work???? do you know that the radio plug is the main power for the climent control... you just might have a shot at fining the missing power pins for the jdm controller ....

i would'ent mind spedding some time on it and be the ginni pig... just what if i f@*ked up on it.. i would not know where to get you one..

Nice job on the install.

Why would you start a post about a post you started???

Cause the original thread is in the bay area regional forum. Not everyone that might be interested reads that forums.

Anyway, the thing looks awesome. How long did it take?

awesome!!!! Cmon man, give us a walkthrough. I can't do this myself but I can show it to my audio shop & they'll be able to follow along & do it. HUGE market for this. Maybe wanna think about doing them on a "mail-in" basis. People ship em to you & pay for the work & to be shipped back. I'd be a sucker for that as long as it wasnt a totally insane price.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

awesome!!!! Cmon man, give us a walkthrough. I can't do this myself but I can show it to my audio shop & they'll be able to follow along & do it. HUGE market for this. Maybe wanna think about doing them on a "mail-in" basis. People ship em to you & pay for the work & to be shipped back. I'd be a sucker for that as long as it wasnt a totally insane price.

+1!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Yes, the dual zone is still operational. All he did is cut the traces along the board, then splice the traces back together with wire so that the whole board is entirely functional. The radio and radio display will still be functional also, just not useful being that they'll be tucked away behind the new head unit.

Very creative solution.

EZ killer:) , I belive he was responding to gfxdave99 who does have a JDM single zone controller.

+1 on my install i'm using the usdm unit and cut the crap in half......

walk though? i would'nt know where to start.....

I think i'm the first one that had ever done this...

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=354870&posted=1#post354870

So it looks like you're using the NAV with the Kenwood piece. Did you find a speed signal from the ABS or ECU somewhere? I read in another post that this signal was carried on the BUS network between the ECU and ABS systems and not accessible for aftermarket nav installs. I was also under the impression that the Kenwood Nav would not function without a speed signal where as the Pioneer will.

Any feedback on this would be great as I'm gering up for my install in the cubby with the factory NAV bezel.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Nice job, I have the background/tools/time to do it, just missing the balls :) .

Took the easy way out and bought the Avo kit, i'm happy.

Even if you did do a write up (a schematic in this case, or you would be reading a navel), to take that into an install shop and have it done, you best believe you would be signing a waver because the probability of F'ing up would be so high. Not only that but you would still get billed for shop time even if something broke. On top of that even taking such a job to an install shop would be like asking the computer salesmen at Circuit City who sold you a computer about what network protocols work best for your servers at the office.... total wrong line of work. You'd have to find an electronics shop or you'd be better off trying it yourself.. again if you have the balls lol.

You can't post this & expect people not to want it. My audio guy would gladly do it for me if I could give him a rough idea of how it was done.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Archived