LegacyGT.com

Off topic question

So in a few months the Legacy is getting handed down to my son. Wife is interested in a Crosstrek.

As usual we get screwed by SOA and Canada gets a nicely equipped Sport in a manual.

I tried the Crosstrek forum, but they don't seem to be much of a modding community, so I thought I'd ask here.

Anyone know if the Steering Responsive Headlights on the Canadian Crosstrek can or has been added to an US premium version?

I think trying to import one is going to be too much of a PIA.

check here: http://www.cars101.com/subaru/crosstrek/crosstrek2019.html

They are available on limited models, I wouldn't try to transplant them into a vehicle without knowing what sensors are used to activate them. My guess is the ECM uses the input from the steering angle sensor somehow. So that would necessitate some extra wiring somewhere that may not be on the base models.

If you can't find anything on the Crosstrek, you may want to research what is involve with Subaru other models with converting to steering responsive headlights (perhaps NASOIC for WRX) The headlight themselves maybe also be very expensive.

I got a 2017 impreza sport (same car as the 18+ crosstrek just lower) and we honestly love it. They don't offer the adaptive headlights in either car without the limited trims. When we were looking I test drove both a CVT and a 5 speed manual. It was the worst manual I have ever driven. Somehow the crosstrek gets a different one.

I highly recommend getting a crosstrek with eyesight. I know you want a manual but I cannot tell you the number of times that system has saved my butt because I was exhausted and not as sharp as I normally am/thought I was. I know you prefer manual but with the steering wheel mounted paddle shifters, the 7 speed CVT is faster and you have full control like a manual minus a 3rd pedal. Plus being a slower car, there is no benefit besides wanting a manual. In addition subaru's cvt mimic traditional autos in they have shifting points in every gear except under hard acceleration.

So I went to look into the 6 speed used in the crosstrek and figured it would be plucked from the WRX/LGT. Nope, its also not the same one as the BRZ, and the impreza uses a 5 speed..it has different gears in every gear except 2nd and 3rd. Where the heck this transmission came from I have no idea, but..its subaru so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Archived