LegacyGT.com

2008 Legacy GT Spec B

Markemarc

Another 2008 Spec B just recently popped up for sale in my area. Would like to get your thoughts on the mods, maintenance, and the asking price. I am pretty set on finding a 2008-2009 Legacy GT (not necessarily a Spec B) and then tuning to leverage some additional HP. Performance goals I'm shooting for will be somewhere between conservative and modest. This will be my daily driver so I'm looking for a balance between reliability, HP gains, and driving comfort.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/legacy-gt-spec/6681798088.html

The add mentions that everything has been purchased except the injectors. What kind of cost would I be looking at to purchase the appropriate injectors and have them installed?

Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated.

-Mark

Most of the pictures of the car are older, as only one picture show the paint peeling like the one picture. IMO That is a lot of money for a modified engine with 127k on the original motor. I have found more often than not when a seller says there car just needs 'x' and tune, that they are trying to unload their headache.

I love this line... "Little TLC the car is tits."

Quickly looking, I like the 07, with a new OEM ej257. Ask if it has ARP head studs ?

That set up will be a blast to drive everyday, as I do. My vf52 and ej257 has over 102,000 trouble free miles at 21psi on the dyno.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived