LegacyGT.com

Forum response is very slow

Anyone else notice this forum is very slow, especially at this time of day. Painful. I don't think it's my computer as I'm not having the problem on other sites. Kinda slows down the interaction when it takes 30 seconds or more to do anything.

Extremely slow the last couple of weeks, but only this site (subaruforester.org & subaruoutback.org haven’t changed & are still quite quick, as are other sites). This site has been that slow that quite a few times I have given up & gone to another site.

(I'm on NBN broadband in Australia, Win10 i7 PC with plenty of RAM, latest update of Firefox).

It's a system problem (or problems). See the Announcement currently posted at the head of each forum (above the stickies).

The entire cadre of moderators and administrators has been working on this problem for more than a week, moving thousands of old/dormant threads from active forums to their respective archives. This is a labor intensive manual process, and it can't easily be automated. Some of the delay you're all seeing today is probably an artifact of all the archiving activity.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Good to know the problem is understood and a solution is in the works. Is there a migration or upgrade of the forum software in the works or underway? A more scalable platform will definitely address such performance issues. A server upgrade may be required at some point as well.

Archived