LegacyGT.com

Looking but cannot find a LGT

I want to sell mine but I love it so much, and also have really no idea what other car I would want... I just love Subaru so much, I want a WRX but at the same time I don't.

I am prob going to sell mine, though I do love the car. I have a '13 3.6R and '17 WRX at home as well.

I was very surprised my simple 07 LGT, Stage 2 (DP/Intercooler/Tune), 5EAT is faster than a '16 Ford Focus ST. I would have thought a manual ST would be about the same if not a bit faster than my LGT. But what do I know.

Makes me want to mod and tune the WRX!

Man don't tell me that :spin:, I probably have more $$$ in mods now vs what it's worth :lol:

The only way I’ll get any hint of what I put into mine back is if it somehow gets totaled (Insure your mods). Looking at Mint’s “auto and transportation” category is scary :lol:.

I guess we did a good job, I see the OP only has one post. Oh my wagon turned 258,000 miles today. Damn car

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Man don't tell me that :spin:, I probably have more $$$ in mods now vs what it's worth :lol:

anyone can afford to buy one, but it takes an established person of means to maintain one.

feel better? :lol:

I could suck start a snow blower.

anyone can afford to buy one, but it takes an established person of means to maintain one.

feel better? :lol:

Owning a Legacy GT requires a maintenance budget akin to a BMW owner, or it teaches you how to be a decent shady tree mechanic.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Owning a Legacy GT requires a maintenance budget akin to a BMW owner...

I beg to differ.

In the past year:

'05 LGT:

- replaced 1 injector

- replaced 1 window switch

'07 335xi:

- replaced lumbar switch

- fixed jammed mirror

- replaced trunk struts

- replaced hood struts

- spent dozens of hours & more parts than I care to admit chasing down Intelligent Battery Sensor / CAN-BUS problem - all just to make the rear window defogger work

- replaced accessory belt, tensioner, & idlers

- replaced boost control hoses

- replaced rear pads & rotors

- replaced front struts

- overhauled VVT solenoids

- replaced headlight igniter

- replaced oil filter housing gasket

- walnut blasted intake ports

The only way I’ll get any hint of what I put into mine back is if it somehow gets totaled (Insure your mods). Looking at Mint’s “auto and transportation” category is scary :lol:.

You mean they will cover the car above the Nada/kbb value if you have mods & them insured? I always thought you were basically screwed if you wreck a $5k car with $10k in mods, and you would only get $5k instead of $15k.

Owning a Legacy GT requires a maintenance budget akin to a BMW owner, or it teaches you how to be a decent shady tree mechanic.

I always refer to Subaru's as German cars from Japan. They are still more reliable then a European car, but a lot more expensive or still requires special tools compared to other Japanese cars.

I beg to differ.

In the past year:

'05 LGT:

- replaced 1 injector

- replaced 1 window switch

'07 335xi:

- replaced lumbar switch

- fixed jammed mirror

- replaced trunk struts

- replaced hood struts

- spent dozens of hours & more parts than I care to admit chasing down Intelligent Battery Sensor / CAN-BUS problem - all just to make the rear window defogger work

- replaced accessory belt, tensioner, & idlers

- replaced boost control hoses

- replaced rear pads & rotors

- replaced front struts

- overhauled VVT solenoids

- replaced headlight igniter

- replaced oil filter housing gasket

- walnut blasted intake ports

Now compare that list to a typical Toyota Camry

- Replaced Nothing, not even engine oil :lol:

But seriously that is true, though how many miles on each? I had to replace VVT solenoids on my 05 LGT last year at ~130k miles, and she's needing struts already too.

A friend recently got rid of his BMW for similar reasons, he said that the same parts keep on failing over and over again and it got too expensive.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

You mean they will cover the car above the Nada/kbb value if you have mods & them insured? I always thought you were basically screwed if you wreck a $5k car with $10k in mods, and you would only get $5k instead of $15k.

If you have them insure your mods, yep. At least on Geico I have to tell them what's on there, but you'd get insurance screw you over price for the car, plus what you paid for the mods. I think I'm paying something like $25/6months more for everything. They want to see recepts though if you make a clame, and you might have to fight with the adjuster a bit as the system they use for estimates is based on OEM parts.

In the last year I've replaced struts, front and rear sway bar bushings and endlinks, 2 coil packs, 4 tires, rear pads and rotors, fuel pump, lower control arm bushings, and ball joints are on their way to my house now. My clutch is going out too at 103k miles.

If you have them insure your mods, yep. At least on Geico I have to tell them what's on there, but you'd get insurance screw you over price for the car, plus what you paid for the mods. I think I'm paying something like $25/6months more for everything. They want to see recepts though if you make a clame, and you might have to fight with the adjuster a bit as the system they use for estimates is based on OEM parts.

Agreed, check the link in my sig for more info. Aftermarket parts endorsements are relatively common, and should be utilized by anyone with mods.

Brought to you by Pfizer

LGT are a slippery slope. i have the 05 LGT wagon. No issues with the upipe from 67k to 100k. don't let the upipe thing scare you off, not an expensive to fix. i replace at 100k with the GS one that has the EWG.

Do know that once you start upgrading, that increases your risks with these cars. if you do the RIGHT upgrades with quality or OEM parts, you should be fine. if you are a hard driver, you will be in the shop a lot more. these cars are 10-13 years old.

your biggest issue is find one. then it's finding one in good shape. non-modded ones are good, but to mod, you will spend money. modded ones can be good if you know what was done and have confidence in the seller. LGT are fun tinker projects. you can do a lot yourself if you have the will to research and ask questions.

i have enough into mine that i could have bought a small country and i'll never sell mine because it's fast even with groceries, horse saddle, football gear in the back.

IMG_7558.JPG.e6abb96c7b9e4355a9320f6a98abcffe.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, I've owned my car for over 4 years and i spent so much money fixing and maintaining it. multiple cv boots, power steering pump, head gaskets, etc.

I want to sell mine but I love it so much, and also have really no idea what other car I would want... I just love Subaru so much, I want a WRX but at the same time I don't.

I feel the same as you but i actually purchased a 2018 wrx 4 months ago. Now I can't get rid of the LGT because I still like the car and I can't sell the car after i spent so much "maintaining" it.

Seriously, I've owned my car for over 4 years and i spent so much money fixing and maintaining it. multiple cv boots, power steering pump, head gaskets, etc.

I feel the same as you but i actually purchased a 2018 wrx 4 months ago. Now I can't get rid of the LGT because I still like the car and I can't sell the car after i spent so much "maintaining" it.

Yeah I'm in that same situation...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Archived