LegacyGT.com

Turbo Oil Restrictor?

Okay, so I've been looking up and every factory turbo set up uses banjo bolts for the oil feed line. also the banjo bolt that goes into the turbo has a smaller hole than the one that goes in the block, which is its restrictor. My oil feed line for my N/A Turbo set up is going to be using a freeflow -4an hose. There is no restrictors. The turbo is a vf48, am I going to need a restrictor for this turbo and if so how do I go about putting on in a -4an line?

Years ago I put a 1/4" shut off valve in line with a pressure gauge, opened the valve about a quarter of the way. On the Interga that gave the turbo 40psi of oil pressure at normal engine speed. I removed the handle on the shut off valve after knowing the pressure was good.

I have a picture of that set up somewhere, don't have time to find it now

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Gave him a quick pm and sadly he doesn’t know for sure either. Said my safest route is getting a banjo bolt from Subaru and using that but that requires me to either make a new braided line that accepts a banjo bolt or get one of those banjo bolt adapters that screw onto a -4an fitting.

Yes, those adapters can be purchased from any number of places. Summit, Earls High Performance, Jeg's, etc.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived