LegacyGT.com

remote start for 2019 Legacy 3.6 ?

I'm ready to order a 2019 Legacy 3.6. I was at the dealer today, the first day that orders can be entered.

The only question is remote start. As of today, neither the parts person nor the salesperson could find a Subaru remote start available for the 2019 Legacy 3.6. The salesperson is going to look into it further and get back to me.

Do you have advice on an after-market remote start for 2019 legacy? Or does anyone here know if the 2019 legacy will be available in the near future with a Subaru remote start available from the factory or as a port-installed option. Perhaps because the ordering period just opened today, this option is not available yet, and will become available in a few weeks or months ?

Thank you.

Dan

Thank you for the information and advice. Now I have no interest in the subaru brand remote start. I'll no longer wonder why Subaru doesn't offer it at this time on the 2019 legacy.

Thank you for the information and advice. Now I have no interest in the subaru brand remote start. I'll no longer wonder why Subaru doesn't offer it at this time on the 2019 legacy.

You got a pretty narrow and limited review I think. Mine came with remote start and it works flawlessly. However maybe those people all put out by the door thing use it everyday? I'm not sure. I only use it in the winter when I know the high is like 10 or something. I open the door, start the car (like I would anyway!) except its nice an toasty inside.

There are a few threads on this with pros and cons. Choose wisely but there are some great aftermarket installs out there I'm sure. I'm happy with mine but ymmv.

The crappy part about Subaru remote start is that the navigation resets and acts stupid for few seconds when you open the car with you have remote start.

It’s defninitely useful for me during winter season and in the summer so I am not cooking inside my car when I enter, even with sun shade and dark tints it doesn’t help lol.

Love Nevada lol.

But I rather have a warranty on things instead of not.

The turning off thing when the door gets opened turned me off.

I may miss it come winter though.

The truth is, for some reason with truck (2010 Ram), any time I walk towards the truck I start it with the keys in my pocket, jump in and go. Its like subconsciously this saves me a few seconds or something.

I don't know, its just a habit.

The salesman today told me thet the 2019 legacy now has a remote start available from Subaru. The salesman wrote, “the updated dealer installed options came out Friday. The Autostart will be $619. Pleae note pricing was available; parts were not at this time. I would assume by the time the vehicle comes out, parts will be. “

Does anyone know, for 2019 legacy is Subaru changing the remote start design compared to 2018 ? I’ll ask the dealer tomorrow. In the mean time if anyone here knows, please respond.

I’m planning to order a 2019 3.6.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived