LegacyGT.com

Passenger-side Window sill soft touch plastic dented by elbow

I have a new 2018 Legacy with less than 3K miles. On occasion my elbow will touch the top of the left window sill while driving. This may not be ideal ergonomically or even safetywise- but it is not uncommon. In any case, I noticed a well defined "dimple apparently caused by an impression made by my elbow on the soft touch plastic. I am debating whether to simply accept this, or file a warranty claim. It is not a defect per se- but this is the first car I have owned where this has occurred. It suggests questionable design. Advice? In any case, I will be modifying my hand/elbow position to prevent future damage.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

In any case, I will be modifying my hand/elbow position to prevent future damage.

Drop the Mic or Mike/ George/ Mark / [emoji6]

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul![emoji2]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

It is not a defect per se- but ... It suggests questionable design.

Unreasonable expectations.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

My left arm rests up there too. After about 5K, the black color was rubbing off which was nuts as never has this happened in any other car. I took it to dealer and he replaced the door panel no issue. Been fine ever since. I did a thread on the issue- it's around here somewhere. It did not "dimple" it turned whiteish...

My 2010 had the elbow holder after a couple years. I was bothered at first, but then I felt it made my Legacy more my own. It added personalized character lol. Yet to see it in my ‘17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My left arm rests up there too. After about 5K, the black color was rubbing off which was nuts as never has this happened in any other car. I took it to dealer and he replaced the door panel no issue. Been fine ever since. I did a thread on the issue- it's around here somewhere. It did not "dimple" it turned whiteish...

I just noticed what appears to be the beginning of the "dimple' and I'm not at 5K yet. Will be keeping an eye on it. Of several cars, only had this once before and it didnt show up until well in tens of thousands of miles.

Every car I have ever owned has had this happen. Based on the Soft materials used in these area's, they will form a permanent indentation eventually when they have a repeated pressure placed on them.

Archived