LegacyGT.com

Speed limit disappeared from multi function display

Hoping someone can help with this. The digital speed limit indication in the multi-function display has disappeared. It was there one minute and gone the next. The digital speedometer still shows but the speed limit display is gone. I have been through the settings and read the manual and searched the forum but I can't find any mention of the speed limit display or how to get it back. Does anyone know how this feature works and how to retrieve it? :spin:

Hmmm. Maybe the problem is with the map data itself. We are out of the city right now in a rural tourist area with many secondary roads but there's no issue with the GPS acquiring location data and all the roads show on the map. The system knows where we are and the nav system is functioning properly. I will check to see if the speed limit is still showing on the map. I am not familiar with the nav system on this car yet so I didn't even think to look there. If it is showing there then there's still an unresolved issue with the centre display. If it isn't then I guess the maps just don't include the speed limit data for the roads in this area. My other car has the same feature with the speed and speed limit in the HUD and it works fine up here but it doesn't use Tom Tom maps. I'll check this and get back.

Ronin3, if you've never seen the speed limit data in the centre display could it be that this is a new feature for 2018? It's very useful so I noticed it immediately when it disappeared.

Hmm interesting- I did not know there was such a thing. On Nav I see a warning turn red when I'm over limit but did not know there was a GPS based speed warning in the center display.

Its new in 2018. I don't think it turns red there though.

Drove the car today, still in the same area, and there is no speed limit data on the map either so I assume there is just no speed limit data available. I'll re-post when back in the city if the display re-appears.

We're back in town now and the speed limit has reappeared on the centre display and on the Nav map. For some reason the Tom Tom maps include this information for large highways and city streets only. Secondary roads don't have it. There's nothing wrong with the car.

Archived