LegacyGT.com

5th Gen trim and options

Hi all, new to this forum as i just bought a 2011 Legacy Gt yesterday. I have a 2008 sti as well, but not what i am looking for information on.

Ok, so i live in Mexico, so none of my searches online seem to help me. Like i mentioned i have a 2.5 gt... but it has a 5 speed auto with paddle shifters, sunroof, si-drive, perforated leather interior. My vin seems to indicate that i should have a 3.6 motor and a 5 speed manual. I'm confused as i'mnot sure what market my car is officially for. I have a cobb AP3 for my sti, it should be the same for this car, anyone think unmarrying it and connecting to the Legacy would provide any usefull information?

Have any of you heard of cars in this configuration?

Can you post a picture of your car and the engine bay? The 5th gen 2.5GT never came with anything but a 6MT in North America, though it was available with a 5EAT in other markets. Conversely, the 3.6R was only ever available 5EAT. However, no North American cars came with SI-Drive, so if you have that, a GT paired with a 5EAT is a possibility.

OP - yes, FLlegacy is correct, skip trying to get the AP to play nice with this non-US/Canadian LGT. Instead, arm yourself a VAG-COM K-Line cable or better yet a Tactrix OP v2 (some were recently up for sale in the classifieds for<$90) and pull the ECUID and CALIDs from your ECU and TCU using RomRaider's logger applet.

Once there, see if your ECU has definitions that are up on RomRaider's forum and if so, get an Open-source tuner to e-tune you as you see fit. Use either RRs logger or BtSsm (ideal) for monitoring/logging with or without a tune, even on a stock ROM.

You can monitor both your ECU and TCU params using SSM over K-line and SSM over CAN.

Sounds good - in that case - yes - pickup a VAG COM K-line or if you have or can borrow a Tactrix OPv2, plug that in and see what your ECU/TCU IDs and CALIDs/CIDs for both are.

If you have any Android v4-7 device with OTG USB or Bluetooth support handy, pickup a copy of BtSssm from the Google Play Store and you can see what the ECU and TCU are up to and how she's running.

USDM got severely shafted in features over the rest of the world markets. I wasn't aware that as close as Mexico got the EDM/JDM equivalents.

Anyone thought of trying to import front ends from Mexico instead of Japan? Would probably save significantly on shipping and make JDM front end conversions much more within reach.

USDM got severely shafted in features over the rest of the world markets. I wasn't aware that as close as Mexico got the EDM/JDM equivalents. Anyone thought of trying to import front ends from Mexico instead of Japan? Would probably save significantly on shipping and make JDM front end conversions much more within reach.
Yeah, we tried many years ago (circa 2012) and no luck. Mexico, Peru, Argentina, various island nations across the Caribbean.

Archived