LegacyGT.com

Speedometer recalibration

I was hoping they had some plug in software like they do for the f150. I plug the tool in then enter the tire size and it rewrites the info in the ecu in about 5 mins. I guess these cars don't sell enough to make the device.

That is not it at all...you can't do anything to the engines in these cars and those devices are more for engine performance mods with other benefits like gearing and tire size and Subaru's, except for turbo models, don't have any real mods you can do that make it worth while to manufacture. I had a HyperTech, a Diablo and Superchips programmer at one time based on the truck I drove so I understand what you're looking for.

Does anyone know if their is an easy way to recalibrate the speedo after putting on new wheels and tires?

I don't know if this helps??

Actually I will be taking my vehicle in for a regular service in a few weeks and recalibration will be on the list. My speedometer reads "under" the actual road speed (which is not legal in my state) and I will be asking/demanding that it is fixed under warranty because my 3.6 is stock standard and with good OEM tyres. I have contacted Subaru Head Office and they have informed me of the speedometer tolerances that they set, and these tolerances should NEVER read lower than the actual vehicle speed. I have a hard copy of their reply directing me to the dealer, and I'll post the results of my future "discussions" with the dealer.

I can't believe that recalibration can be all that hard because Subaru obviously do it to all vehicles imported from Japan into Australia to comply with the varying regulations in every state here.

Archived