LegacyGT.com

Adding Navigation

I don't agree, the Navigation system is a nice convenience and work well enough for most GPS locations and integrates nicely. Is it the best, no, is it the worst, no, but I do like the overall design. I do use Waze in tandem as a way to fine quick alternative routes.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul![emoji2]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

God bless to Waze users. I think the navigation unit is nice, however I wouldn’t install it, I’d go aftermarket, it would be cheaper and also free updates. Too much of a liability of the head unit goes back, I think it’s only backed by a 12 month warranty if it’s not factory installed.

That’s not much of a time.

Get a nice Pioneer head unit and an installation kit with wiring harness. Relatively easy to do. Check out http://www.crutchfield.com

If you buy from them, you get very detailed install instructions and technical support. I like Pioneer head units the best but buy what appeals to you.

Hell just get a nice headunit with Android Auto and Car Play- free nav with free updates

Hell just get a nice headunit with Android Auto and Car Play- free nav with free updates

Just about all of the nice after market head units come standard with Apple and Android interfaces. The Pioneer is no different.

Just about all of the nice after market head units come standard with Apple and Android interfaces. The Pioneer is no different.

I read your post as suggesting getting a head unit with Nav.

I read your post as suggesting getting a head unit with Nav.

Gotcha...I do prefer to have a NAV built in because $hit happens and sometimes you don't always have a good signal via cell based on where you drive. Not really that much more $ and a great safeguard IMPO.

Gotcha...I do prefer to have a NAV built in because $hit happens and sometimes you don't always have a good signal via cell based on where you drive. Not really that much more $ and a great safeguard IMPO.

Not sure about Apple, but Google maps will prompt me to download the route to cover spotty reception areas.

Archived