LegacyGT.com

Tactrix openport 2.0

racin4ds

Hi guys, forgive me if this is covered somewhere already, I've searched and only found info on the VAG_COM cable and tuning...

I'm looking at getting the Tactrix open port 2.0 to tune my '08 Legacy. How difficult is this to do? Is it really as easy as it sounds? I have prior experience tuning Hondas and Mustangs so I'm not a rookie but I've never touched a Subaru.

I mainly just want to get rid of the open-closed loop delay and richen the car up some under boost to prevent any damage. Not looking to make MAX HP with my DD.

Thanks for the help!

Switching to Subaru won't be hard, it still comes down to getting the AFR and ignition advance right for every RPM and air airflow. Probably the biggest difference will be boost control, if you haven't worked with forced induction yet.

If you have the stock tune, you probably don't want to go richer; it's already in the 10s.

Thanks NSFW, I'm anxious to try it out. I've had this stumble/stutter in boost since I've owned this car and I'm told its in the tune (mostly closed loop-open loop delay) I don't have the normal stumble that I've read about on here with so many others. Mine only does it around 3500-4500rpm when at half throttle or heavier.

I've changed plugs, did the FPR vacuum line re-route, checked fuel pressure, cleaned MAF, new air filter and new turbo. I've even changed the pills in the wastegate line with no luck.

I'm willing to bet that stutter is learned knock correction rearing it's head. Once you get the car hooked up to a computer, run a "learning view" and check the FLKC table. If it's all zeroes, you're good. If my suspicion is correct, you'll see a couple of degrees or more of pulled timing somewhere in the higher-load 3.5-4k RPM range (probably above 1.5 g/rev).

Is that common on a completely stock "08 LGT? Why would it be so severe since I only use 93 octane Teir 1 fuels??

It's a pretty common sentiment that the stock tune on the 4th gen LGT has some issues where it runs lean, especially on the USDM models (regarding the CL-OL delay, likely due to emissions requirements).

I've never verified it myself, since my LGT was modded well before I got it, but there's plenty of data out there that I trust showing the problems in the stock tune.

Archived