LegacyGT.com

Turbo Oil Line Removal

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

Read the sticky's up top and you'll find a thread with links to places to buy OEM, those links will have pictures from the parts catalogs.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Ditto ^

Funny cleaning up a work bench in the basement yesterday, I found one of those donuts.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Before you bolt that oil return on, make sure the flange is still flat. They have a tendency to warp and that causes them to leak, this happened to mine and I’m glad I found it before going through the trouble of installing the turbo only to have it leak again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll go out on a limb here and say, it doesn't matter.

If I had to chose, I'd put the grit side on the turbo.

Do i need heat resistant silicon for the donut gasket? And is there a specific torque for the spring bolts?

No sealant, and no torque spec other than the general-purpose torque spec for an M8-1.25 bolt (ca. 25 Nm). I'm assuming it's M8; if that's wrong, whatever - just torque appropriately. Get the nuts & bolts nice and tight so they stay put, and the springs keep the donut snug and sealed.

Cool thanks. So i have noticed that there are small rubber coooant hoses that attach to the metal lines on the turbo. Mine have split. What do I replace them with?

What about sealent for the gaskets touchibg the turbo? I didnt see any residue when i took them off.

No sealant on the metal gaskets at the turbo.

Those hoses are preformed and come from the dealership. Or an on line Vendor.

I do put red RTV (high temp) on the Grimmspeed 2X thick 3" gasket at my DP to stock mid-pipe joint. I use 3/8 bolts and lock washes for most on my exhaust joints.

Also use anti-seize compound on all threads.

I got the anti seize and i got the gasket pack from Grimm speed. Btw the hoses seem to be air hoses. They are located right in front (if looking to the rear) of each OCV (OVC?). They are split right up to the nipple. Do they need to be replaced before starting the car?

I was just going to use the bolts that were there.

Besides the one banjo bolt, anything else need a crush washer? Video says to use 2 on the banjo bolt.

Banjo bolts have two crush washers, replace both of them.

Breather hoses are what I think your talking about.

You may be able to see pictures in my "click here" link in my sig.

Those are OEM breather hoses, I did replace some of them. I suppose you could get some oil resistant hose from the auto parts store

Archived