LegacyGT.com

Car Alarm

Recently, where we walk our dog, there have been a rash of smash and dash for purses and other items left inside the car.

While we leave nothing of value in the car, I don’t want a broken window either. So, I have been leaving a window down, with the car locked, and I presumed the alarm set.

Out of curiosity since the car is still rather new, I decided to read, and see how the system works. Well, with any window 1/2 way down, no door will trigger the alarm when I put my hand thru, and open the door. Fob is a good distance away from car when I attempt to trigger the alarm, no alarm.

Reading, it seems the windows and moonroof are not monitored, so setting the alarm shouldn’t be affected by opening a window..... what am I missing?

I managed to turn the alarm off as per the manual...ALOF, and doing it again, ALON on display at odometer. Left it on, (which it was before also):wub::wub::wub:

Any insight?, or can someone try to set their alarm off and tell me what I am doing wrong.... before I have to go back to the dealership and get more instructions:redface:

Well, with any window 1/2 way down, no door will trigger the alarm when I put my hand thru, and open the door. Fob is a good distance away from car when I attempt to trigger the alarm, no alarm.

It probably has some sensor that does not engage the alarm. Does it activate if the window is only 1/4th of the way down? (you'll have to sit inside and have someone else lock with the fob from a distance)

Well, problem solved. The key has to be at least 30 meters from the car. My spare set of keys were preventing it from activating in the driveway. Windows and moonroof are not monitored according to the manual, I only tried the rear windows. And, I did NOT go to the dealer.....

It does have a factory alarm, but no motion sensor. Which I wouldn’t want anyways, too many false alarms.

Archived