LegacyGT.com

How to flash Stage 1 sf air intake cobb AP?

Hello, I recently installed a sf air intake on my 08 spec b and I'm trying to tune it for the air intake??? I'm not very good with this AP can anyone help? I might be over analyzing but I cant even move my car cause I dont want to even start it before I tune it... Thank you in advance -Tony

Is this an intake that attaches to the turbo or did you just replace the air filter end ?

I'm not up on all the names for intakes, IDK what a sf intake is.

I do know that you should not replace the stock intake system until your making big HP #'s.

Why did you replace the intake ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

FWIW - I learned that the Cold Air Intakes are not really a great idea to add simply due to making the engines run lean (this makes them go boom early). Also the stock intake is good up to about 300hp. That being said make sure to go to Surgeline and do a Pro tune on it and you should be okay.

Hey everybody thank you for the response. So I learned that the cobb AP doesnt support a flash on the MY 08 or 09. Only MY05-07 and judging the fact I am making nowhere near the amount of HP that I would even get any use out of I it i took it off. Thank you again

Hey everybody thank you for the response. So I learned that the cobb AP doesnt support a flash on the MY 08 or 09. Only MY05-07 and judging the fact I am making nowhere near the amount of HP that I would even get any use out of I it i took it off. Thank you again

Who told you that? Nevermind, doesn't matter. You need to get on the phone with Cobb, their tech support is very helpful and will clear up your confusion tout suite.

That’s definitely incorrrect, given you have the correct AP.

https://www.cobbtuning.com/products/accessport/subaru-accessport-v3-ap3-sub-003

I have an 09 Outback XT that is essentially a SpecB wagon and I have the Cobb SF intake. Surgeline can definitely help you out. They just did my build and tune.

That’s definitely incorrrect, given you have the correct AP.

https://www.cobbtuning.com/products/accessport/subaru-accessport-v3-ap3-sub-003

I have an 09 Outback XT that is essentially a SpecB wagon and I have the Cobb SF intake. Surgeline can definitely help you out. They just did my build and tune.

I called surgeline and they said infact the AP doesn't support a flash on the 08... they were shocked as well. I believe I spoke to Brandon? But I can bring it by and they could get me a short term solution until I get it tuned? Do you know how to reflash it on the AP? I've tried and have the same ap you posted a link to....

I believe V3 is more adjustable...?

I leave issues to my Tuner to fix.

Someone who is better at playing with these cars can help you.

You may want to PM "covertrussian" look for is long post below in this forum.

Or check out the sticky's in the top of the Tuning Forum.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived