LegacyGT.com

Bad news '06 GT Limited

Car (180,000 mi.) wasn't accelerating, especially when cold above 30mpg, no CEL. After several tests and several hours to troubleshoot, the Sub dealer says I've likely got a loose Valve Guide, need to remove the cylinder heads to explore further. OK, they pulled the PCV hose to discover 1/2 plugged with condensation and discovered the motor produces blow-by. Additional feedback from dealer was it probably also has lower end issues. (Has been going through oil, probably qt. low before 3,000 mi. for last 6 mos.)

Car itself is in pretty good shape, has all options, new turbo a year ago, new struts all around 1.5 years ago, 4 new Bridgestone tires a year ago, new Brakes and rotors 8 mos ago.

Loved this car, original owner, hate to see it go. Looking to replace with newer Sub so looking for feedback on my situation with the '06 as it sits. Actually, it sits, 2.5 hours away. How do I maximize my $ in getting rid of it. Trade-in and disclose it has engine issues? Commissioned part-out? Any suggestions are welcome.

Cut your losses and get rid of it now.

Unless you have all the tools and contacts, to do it right, see my click here link in my sig. It's around $5000 doing it my way. If the Dealer does the work figure 7-8000.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Max: I am not anywhere near that handy to take this on myself so it's cash out of pocket on any next steps and yes, am trying to cut my losses.

Wasted: I'll have to see what I can find in that regard (bare min. trade-in). It's just a shame to dump all the relatively newer/good parts.

Hoping someone close to Dubuque IA might want the good stuff that's left I guess. Alum. wheels + tires, struts, brakes/rotors, turbo, even has a 1 yr old drivers power seat ($2500+ part)

once you have enough post on here you can put it up for sale as is in the for sale forum.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone is interested in my ‘06 GT Limited as it sits (in Dubuque, IA) please PM me. (It also has fully operational nav option)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got pics and a price?

Archived