LegacyGT.com

Stupid Honda

BigT

Hey guys looks like the new civic comes with a navigation option. Somebody send SOA an electronics magazine from after the year 2000 so they can get up to the times. Maybe by 2010 they'll have a bluetooth enabled radio just in time for that technology to be outdated :icon_mad:

$10 maps have been around for a REALLY long time, as well. Too bad no one includes one of those with cars.

Aman, i've never gone anywhere without asking directons/using a map or the internet. Even if i had navigation i still wouldn't trust it 100% so it's not for me

map quest gents. every time you take a turn, make a crease...

Your right though, SOA is behind on the times.

Aman, i've never gone anywhere without asking directons/using a map or the internet. Even if i had navigation i still wouldn't trust it 100% so it's not for me

But how can your Mapquest printout help you if you miss a turn, or the directions are wrong altogether? I think Mapquest is behind the times. :lol:

I guess you can't appreciate in-car navigation unless you've used it before. Nothing beats having a computer in your car that can recalculate your route instantly if you miss a turn. You never have to juggle map printouts while driving in unfamiliar areas because the computer reads the directions aloud to you as you approach turns. It's also nice having a voice-controlled telephone directory at your fingertips... especially useful on road trips.

The new Acura and Pioneer navigation systems even display realtime traffic maps in your car, and automatically route you around accidents and traffic jams!

But how can your Mapquest printout help you if you miss a turn, or the directions are wrong altogether? I think Mapquest is behind the times. :lol:

I guess you can't appreciate in-car navigation unless you've used it before. Nothing beats having a computer in your car that can recalculate your route instantly if you miss a turn. You never have to juggle map printouts while driving in unfamiliar areas because the computer reads the directions aloud to you as you approach turns. It's also nice having a voice-controlled telephone directory at your fingertips... especially useful on road trips.

The new Acura and Pioneer navigation systems even display realtime traffic maps in your car, and automatically route you around accidents and traffic jams!

Maybe sophisticated systems are decent...however, Neverlost is something that I always considered Always Lost. It's gotta be one of the worst systems out there...and I use Hertz frequently...when away from home, but I never opt for the alwayslost system. :lol:

Pantagonian: It's just a thread name, no insult meant to the Honda owners out there, or to Honda itself. Just the cry of an outraged man when his automotive soul has been broken over and over by SOA.

The reason for this suddenly became clear to me:

Subaru is run by fat chicks.

they need the tubo and AWD to get around. and who else would make such an overpriced spec-b? the concept of nav and aux in for the stereo ????? that just completely evades them...

Too bad nav isn't an option on the new Si. I love the looks of the exterior, but the interior looks like it would be quite annoying. I couldn't handle the console mounted shifter and it looks like the radio actually faces the passenger! That's like implying to my wife that it's ok if she touches the radio!! Definitely unacceptable.

Archived