LegacyGT.com

Not reaching peak boost. Max 10.9psi 07 LGT auto.

Hey. So just got my accessport a couple weeks ago and noticed I’m not hitting peak boost. I’m currently on stage 1 93 and it’s only reaching 10.9psi, I’ve seen it once hot 12.8psi. So seem to have a boost leak of some kind. Car is 100% factory currently with just the AP. Any ideas on where these cars like to leak boost? It has 120k miles.

There are a lot of reasons for not hitting target boost, but a smoke test / boost leak test is a good place to start on general principles. While you're getting that together, can you post learned values or at least A/F learning in the A-D ranges?

What does the knock sensor say?

That is an important factor - if the boost is pulled due to the knock sensor detecting noise then you should check for rattling stuff and other items.

If no considerable knock, then it's likely a leak somewhere, like leaking hoses. Even the wastegate in the turbo may be the cause, since it may not close properly.

453747.png

So I had knock learning up and there was no knocking. And as do the af learning I will set those and take a drive after work. Going to be ordering a boost leak tester after work as well. Any recommendations on which one to get?

No a/f learning. Fine knock sensed -1.4 (uppipe Heat shield is dangling i found out) also using Fred Meyer gas, wife filled up and didn’t know the oct content was 92. Just swapped in fresh o2 sensor and new unequal length headers. Still only hitting 11.9psi ish.. Next I suppose is search for a boost leak somewhere. Anything else I should read into on my AP? Or anything else I should check?

Well shit, it’s not letting me upload it onto the forum.. I’ll just type them out

AF learning A 6.5% (1.9% / 6.5%)

AF learning B 1.4%

AF learning C 1.6%

AF learning D 3.3%

Af correction 1 3.3% (-17.9% / 15.62%)

Af correction 3 -3.1% (-2.66% / 2.58%)

Don't worry about AF correction after the fact, it's only useful to look at while you're driving, and even then, unless it's pegged at +/- 25%, it's very likely okay.

Fuel trims look okay, but the relatively high positive A value could indicate a minor vacuum leak. Check for leaks. Follow the "Leak test" instructions in this post: http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4491795&postcount=1

Archived