LegacyGT.com

Valve Cover Screw Locations.. Need Help

JMJ5150

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=93506&d=1292393772

What location do the smaller screws go? I removed the screws without realizing there are 3 small screws and 5 longer ones..

valve_cover_bolts_large.jpg?v=1439303099

I just did that lately, driver side is a bit tricky but the screws there were all the same compared to the passenger side.

83a8d3966b82bb6b3bd61beacc69d94a.jpg

I didn’t take off the fuse box I just play a little bit to take it out properly, be careful when putting it back because you might damage the seals if you can’t go trough that tight corners.

I just did that lately, driver side is a bit tricky but the screws there were all the same compared to the passenger side.

I didn’t take off the fuse box I just play a little bit to take it out properly, be careful when putting it back because you might damage the seals if you can’t go trough that tight corners.

Is removing the fuse box easier than lifting the engine?

Why lift the engine when you can play it and take off the cover valve. It takes around 20mins. max for a beginner.

Sounds good to me.. the bottom right screw seems to be tighter on the driver side.

Your engine is the N/A version and much easier.. The turbo valve cover is a PITA...

UPDATE.. I was able to take off all 7 screws out and the last bottom right screw won't come out til I remove the cover.... I can try to wiggle it back in when putting the valve cover back on... we'll see this weekend

Archived