LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Well got the JDM Gloss Sti Lip installed today.. and of course found out our USDM Bumper is slightly bigger in front so it doesn't quite fit the way it supposed to but still looks good..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I don’t like it. That and your fog trim provide an uneven distribution of gloss in one tight area and they don’t match exactly.

I think a purple-painted lip to match your pin-striping would like very nice!

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

I have the Piano Black Fog Bezels too but are beat up from the road.. might get a new set and see if I can clear bra them... The Piano Black flows with the Grill and Rear Bumper Skirt..

Changing out the fog bezel would definitely help. I didn't see that your grill was piano black. it looks more metallic/silver in your most recent pics.

I STILL think a regal purple, front AND rear, would look pretty bad ass!

I'd honestly really like to see your car in person. I'm sure pictures don't do it justice. I still can't get over those wheels, but the rest is looking pretty good.

'15 FB25

Changing out the fog bezel would definitely help. I didn't see that your grill was piano black. it looks more metallic/silver in your most recent pics.

I STILL think a regal purple, front AND rear, would look pretty bad ass!

I'd honestly really like to see your car in person. I'm sure pictures don't do it justice. I still can't get over those wheels, but the rest is looking pretty good.

I'll be changing wheels next year.. Car Show biz is always about change.. Competing against Sti/Wrx in the Subaru Class is always tough and even tougher in VIP against Lexus.. but I always hold my own..

Oh, I know you compete. I’ve seen the posts and many trophies!

What are you looking at, wheel wise, for next year?

I'm looking at these.. They were released in 2018 but I've been watching the show scene and no one has them yet.. Going 20" not sure if I'm staying 8.5" or going 9" wide..36e8c509733cfc56475d014df9391d88.jpg

What did I do to my 19 Legacy 3.6 today?

I said good-bye and accepted the settlement offer from USAA from it getting totaled Monday. (It took 'em 4 days to schedule and perform the appraisal and write up the settlement)

I filed the claim through my own insurance who will subrogate it to Nationwide, the other driver's insurance, who already accepted liability.

Their driver was ticketed for running a Stop and failure to yield, (Dash Cam FTW!) and he actually told the officer, "I really misjudged that!"

Here are some nekkid pics:

(Just look at those supple curves on the A-Pillar!)

Eh1O4Hp.jpg

mL6VIMi.jpg

hLpfBGw.jpg

Only things holding the tire to the car are the rubber part of the brake line and some wiring. The part with the rubber boot that's sitting on the frame isn't actually connected to anything under the car.

Everything was pretty much ripped off the frame (control arms, shock tower assembly,driveshaft was ripped out, The CVT was cracked, though I couldn't get any decent pics since the car is sitting on its frame. I wasn't allowed to pop the hood but was told everything was ripped of the engine on the right side and everything mounted to the fender in that area was crushed.

Neck is still sore which I guess is to be expected, considering he hit me hard enough to knock me over into oncoming traffic.

There's an identical 3.6Limited waiting for me at the dealership (same options, same color even) but I'm thinking about getting an Outback 3.6 Touring. The bigger cargo area would be useful for when I buy bulky things like large computer cases and gaming chairs and stuff like that...but I dunno.

I said good-bye and accepted the settlement offer from USAA from it getting totaled Monday. (It took 'em 4 days to schedule and perform the appraisal and write up the settlement)

I filed the claim through my own insurance who will subrogate it to Nationwide, the other driver's insurance, who already accepted liability.

Their driver was ticketed for running a Stop and failure to yield, (Dash Cam FTW!) and he actually told the officer, "I really misjudged that!"

Eh1O4Hp.jpg

mL6VIMi.jpg

hLpfBGw.jpg

Only things holding the tire to the car are the rubber part of the brake line and some wiring. The part with the rubber boot that's sitting on the frame isn't actually connected to anything under the car.

Everything was pretty much ripped off the frame (control arms, shock tower assembly,driveshaft was ripped out, The CVT was cracked, though I couldn't get any decent pics since the car is sitting on its frame. I wasn't allowed to pop the hood but was told everything was ripped of the engine on the right side and everything mounted to the fender in that area was crushed.

Neck is still sore which I guess is to be expected, considering he hit me hard enough to knock me over into oncoming traffic.

There's an identical 3.6Limited waiting for me at the dealership (same options, same color even) but I'm thinking about getting an Outback 3.6 Touring. The bigger cargo area would be useful for when I buy bulky things like large computer cases and gaming chairs and stuff like that...but I dunno.

Glad your alright.. Looks like Subaru Safety did it's job, but it does suck..

Eh1O4Hp.jpg

mL6VIMi.jpg

hLpfBGw.jpg

Glad you’re ok, speaks to Subaru that you’re choosing to get another. Can you speak to the eyesight option and emergency braking system during your accident? I’ve read some comments that it has stopped deer collisions, reduced severity of car accidents, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their driver was ticketed for running a Stop and failure to yield, (Dash Cam FTW!) and he actually told the officer, "I really misjudged that!

Did they write it off? Looks to me that'll buff right out!!! :lol:

But seriously, glad you're ok. Myself, I'm looking at the Crosstrek Hybrid. For the little driving I do in the city, I would be on electric power most of the time and I kinda like that idea.

Can you speak to the eyesight option and emergency braking system during your accident?
There is nothing EyeSight can do to prevent fast impacts from the side, nor was it designed to. Read the EyeSight Owners Manual, carefully. Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

My wife was hit in a similar location a few years ago by some redlight-runner. Unlike yours, only the front corner panel was bent in and the driver-side right collapsed under the vehicle. I don't recall the repair total, but everything has been fine since.

She was hit hard enough to smack her head against the window when she was hit, but was otherwise OK.

Lesson learned: Look both ways, even if you have the right of way. This guy should have been seen obviously not slowing down for his light as my wife turned left.

Edited by gathermewool

'15 FB25

Did they write it off? Looks to me that'll buff right out!!! :lol:

But seriously, glad you're ok. Myself, I'm looking at the Crosstrek Hybrid. For the little driving I do in the city, I would be on electric power most of the time and I kinda like that idea.

They did write it off. They sent me a settlement offer on the car which I accepted since it was fair and equitable. Once they pay me they'll simply bill Nationwide since Nationwide accepted liability.

I seem to be okay so far. Last night was the first night I was able to get to sleep without having to take some Ibuprofen, but I slept well and didn't wake up really sore.

I have a couple decisions to make now going forward:

1 -- My dealership has an identically colored/configured Legacy sitting on the showroom floor. Based on running the numbers, I can get into it while financing ~$7600 at 0% (I'd be financing roughly $1000 less than I currently owe on the wrecked one so I'm coming out ahead a little since it's like Subaru paid me $1000 to drive a Legacy for 6 months and then gave me a new car)

-OR-

2 --My dealership has a completely loaded* Outback 3.6 Touring for $45,031.62 out the door...(9.75% Tax + Title + Plates + fees/everything taken into account)

*When I say "completely loaded" I mean it has every configurable option I could choose on their website except battery heater and ashtray. Even the Thule Step is included, lol.

Anyone have thoughts on if the price in #2 is fair?

There is nothing EyeSight can do to prevent fast impacts from the side, nor was it designed to. Read the EyeSight Owners Manual, carefully.

^ This. ES never "saw" the car that hit me since it was approaching from the side street.