LegacyGT.com

King Springs? Other Rear Options? Seeking Feedback/Experience

I’ve started pulling a trailer and driving with loads in my lowered OBXT recently, and it has not been happy about it. The car is on Spec.b Bilstein struts/springs (I believe sedan springs) and ½ inch spacers. The car is soft in the rear and sags a lot under load.

I’m thinking about trying to stiffen and possibly raise the rear a little bit to improve load carrying and towing behavior. The first option I’m looking at is King Springs standard height springs for the Legacy wagon (KSRS-29). It’s my understanding that these will raise the height, but I don’t know to what degree. Has anyone used these, and if so could you provide hub to fender measurements?

Another option I’ve been mulling is putting the stock OBXT springs on the Bilstein struts to increase height and put preload on the springs. I haven’t found any good information on anyone trying this though. Does it seem like it would work?

Also open to other options if anyone has any suggestions or relevant experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subbed for info :) in a similar situation here (sorta). My XT had 3/4” lift spacers on new KYB shocks when I bought it last year. I don’t need the extra lift and with the move to stg. 2 power levels the suspension is too compliant for me. I don’t want to raise the car or lower it just keep it stock height. I looked at King as well but it looks like they only have a rear fitment for their springs? Also looking at the stock height Rallitek’s as they are just 20% stiffer. Anyone have comments on either King or Rallitek?

I have both KSRS and KSRL springs. I had the KSRS paired with JDM spec. B front springs and it was a really good combo.

My wagon seems to be heavier in the rear, but I was able to to run the KSRS with no spacers for the tiniest amount of rake.

When I switched to Pinks it was too much rake, so I switched them out for KSRL with a half inch spacer. IMO it sits pretty level now.

Rallitek didn't make the all around springs when I was looking at this, but if the spring rate is anywhere close to King they would be good. IMO all subaru rear springs are a little soft.

I don't remember any of my measurements hub to fender. They are buried so far in my post history as to be useless.

I few users have tried shoving the Outback spring on the Legacy gt strut body. I think it works well(ish). Rake might just be a little extreme.

All oem subaru springs seem ridiculously soft in the rear no idea why they are designed like that. Kings pair really well and introduce no additional harshness.

I have KSRS rears paired with Spec B front springs. I used a 3/8" rear spacer with mine and the car sits level/minimal front rake. More importantly, if I put any kind of load in the back, the car does not sag as much as the stock LGT wagon springs I used before. Also, despite the increased spring rate in the back, I did not notice any extreme change in handling, maybe even less weight transfer than the old springs.

I have KSRS rears paired with Spec B front springs. I used a 3/8" rear spacer with mine and the car sits level/minimal front rake. More importantly, if I put any kind of load in the back, the car does not sag as much as the stock LGT wagon springs I used before. Also, despite the increased spring rate in the back, I did not notice any extreme change in handling, maybe even less weight transfer than the old springs.

Would you be able to provide a hub to fender measurement, assuming this is your current setup? I’m probably going to end up going with KSRS but I’d like to see an actual measurement if I can before I purchase.

For those of y’all that have them, where is the best place to buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived