LegacyGT.com

2 questions/ Help Needed

hello,

i have a 2013 legacy 3.6 limited.

1.) recently i had a cracked windshield replaced and now my driver side wiper hits the body of the car when the wiper are on. the wiper may even go beyond the body of the car when on the "high" speed/setting. i have looked at the wiper arm mount and see there is a nut that can be removed but when i try to lift the wiper arm off to adjust it does not budge. with a windshield replacement would the wiper actually be removed? the driver side wiper never went further than parallel to the edge of the windshield with at least a 1 inch space between the window frame and wiper (even on the high setting)

does anyone have an idea if the wiper arm CAN be removed and re-adjusted to not swing so far off that car that i get a "thunk" "thunk" "thunk" everytime the wiper is on the high setting?

2.) has anyone else had the driver side window NOT go up in colder than 35 degree weather? if i was to bring my window down and i press up on the automatic window switch the window will come up 1/4 of an inch and go back down. this may happen 2- 5 times. other times the window may come up anywhere from 1 inch to 5 inches and either stop or automatically go back down. (i do have the child safety windows- which from what i remember reading is that if the window is closing any slight push back on to the window and it automatically retracts down). this action is "technically" what looks to be happening with my window. no other window on the car does this. i have checked the window track and there is no obstacles,debris or blockage, the only thing i slightly notice is that when the window comes up during that issue it seems the window is tilted too far forward (towards front of car). i recently had my oil changed at the dealer and i tried to replicate the issue with no success -i did not even bother having service look at it since it was not happening. i tried the window up/down about 40 times to try to recreate the issue and the temp was right on par with all the other times i have had this happen and it would not recreate.

does anyone have this same symptom? or has had it and has solved the reason behind the window not properly closing? or anything possibly related to this issue.

Thank You for any advice,assistance or direction regarding both questions.

The wiper arms would have been removed to replace the windshield. You can remove the wiper arms by undoing the nut and wiggling and pulling up on the arm a little bit, then reinstall with the arm a little closer to the bottom of the windshield. If you're not comfortable doing that call the company who replaced your windshield, they should be able to fix it in a matter of a couple minutes.

Can't comment on the second part, sorry....

They probably were. Wiper arms attach to a splined and tapered shaft, and you should use a special tool to remove them. You can use a weed puller with the center opened up (looks like a trim pushpin removal tool) or a pair of flat blade screwdrivers, but I'd definitely get the installers to straighten things out.

Archived