LegacyGT.com

LGT Wagon Pricing

Hi-

New member to the site. I'm narrowing down my options for the new vehicle and am leaning hard toward the 06 LGT 5EAT LTD wagon in Silver. A dealer in Portland gave me a price of $27550 and we are now talking about my trade in.

Am I getting a good price?

The car is stock except for the auto dimming mirror with home link. The other options I would consider are the armrest extension and maybe the additional sub for the stereo.

Is the sub worth it? or go aftermarket?

Any help would be great.

BTW- I really am glad I found this site. The info has been invaluable while doing my shopping research.

that sounds like a really good price for an 06..for your guide, towards the tail end of the 05 model run pricing was running around invoice minus $1500, maybe a bit more discount in a few cases. this is when subi had $1500 in money for the dealers to give. we bought ours for about invoice minus $1800 if i'm not mistaken and there were some deals even better...so anything close to that for an 06 is great. good luck, it's a great car for the money.

Any idea between the cost difference between stock or aftermarket? Additionally, won't I have to swap a bunch more stuff to go aftermarket or is the system good, but just needs the additional punch of a sub?

BTW- thanks for the feedback on price.

I paid $27000 for my 2005 LGT Limited 5MT, so your deal on the 06 seem really good.

I got the sub-amp and it made the stock set-up liveable.

I am looking at upgrading the speakers and putting in some sound deadining, but it is not the highest mod on my list.

Hi,

Regarding the price: I would agree that getting a few hundred over invoice is usually the best you can expect to do on new model year vehicles (I read something at Edmunds once about holdback and inventory insurance that actually said you can do pretty well on cars which have just arrived on dealer lots).

Regarding the sub: I have had pretty elaborate Alpine-based systems with separate sound processors, amps, etc. prior to this car (most recently in my '04 WRX), and I have to say that all things considered the stock system with the sub actually sounds pretty good most of the time. I would caution you to make sure as it seems a bear to try and change the set-up after market (and, be careful about upgrading speakers only as this seems simple but does not always give the results desired). I have seen good threads on this site about the stereo pros and cons and one of the best comments (which I agree with) went something like: "it sounds good at 80 with the windows down and good with all the windows up, too."

Regarding the armrest extension: I was all into this idea until I discovered how flimsy the mechanism is (it actually moves up and forward, rather than simply being higher up), so I decided to pass.

By the way, like so many folks here I had a few misgivings after getting my GT (sold the Rex for more family room), but after several months of living with the car I am really growing to like it more and more and learning to live, and drive, within its pleasant limits.

Good luck!

I'm simply astounded at the deals you'r all getting for your rides. Here in central Washington there still asking 31,000 for 05 LGT wagons and that's not including the 1,500 dealer mark-up on everything, STI's are going for 36, 37 grand.

Of course thats just sticker without dicker, I dont know what out-the-door would be.

I can tell you I paid 30 large for my LGT wag manual back in april. I had to pull teeth to get the 1500 dealer mark-up off.

Unfortunatly I did not know of this site back then....dohh.

Archived