LegacyGT.com

How is your front lisence plate mounted?

My LGT wagon was delivered without any screws installed for the front plates. I noticed that for the rear, there are four plastic "anchors" that let you screw your directly into. The front bumper, however, only has two dimples presumably for where to create pilot holes for the screws. For those of you who already have front plates, is there any other hardware involved other than two screws? Anyone here mount their own front plates? I'd love to keep the front bumper free of plates, but technically in CA, it's required by law. Ken

Here in PA, we don't have front plates, however.... Every NEW car/truck I've bought had the NEW license plate mounted on the rear upon picking it up at the dealer. They let you have a car without a front plate? Usually there is a license plate bracket for front plates on most cars. I would ask your dealer since your entitled to one.

[quote name='TLS'] They let you have a car without a front plate? [/quote] In CA, you drive off the dealer's lot with only a temporary registration sticker and no plates. Plates are mailed to you from DMV several weeks later. Ken

Ken, Mine came with the usual dealer advertisement on the front. I don't know if the dealer drilled the holes or if they were pre-drilled. It sort of looks like they just drilled right into the bumper. On a related note. What do people use to protect their paint from being scratched by the plate and grit that can acccumulate behind the license plate? -Ian

My service guy said there was a license plate bracket that should be coming along any day now. Outback owners had requested them for a while and now they have them... it's just a matter of getting the new part in. My $0.02: why would they need to be any different than last year's models? Time will tell.

If there are already dimples in the bumper and you're really itching for that front LP, at any autoshop(pep-boys, autozone), they sell the anchors w/ the screws. Side-note: I'm considering putting a euro-license plate on the front bumper if the holes are already there. Does any1 else like that look?

[quote name='Legacy05GT']If there are already dimples in the bumper and you're really itching for that front LP, at any autoshop(pep-boys, autozone), they sell the anchors w/ the screws. Side-note: I'm considering putting a euro-license plate on the front bumper if the holes are already there. Does any1 else like that look?[/quote] Nah get the Japanese style instead. Check it. (It's a US car..) [url]http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73394[/url]

[quote name='Th3Franz'][quote name='Legacy05GT']If there are already dimples in the bumper and you're really itching for that front LP, at any autoshop(pep-boys, autozone), they sell the anchors w/ the screws. Side-note: I'm considering putting a euro-license plate on the front bumper if the holes are already there. Does any1 else like that look?[/quote] Nah get the Japanese style instead. Check it. (It's a US car..) [url]http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73394[/url][/quote] Looks okay, but the plate isn't centered on the mount. (I'm kind of anal like that :lol: )

Thanks for the replies guys. I do plan on using a front plate holder -- the Pep Boys idea is good -- I'll have to look into it. That STi with the Japanese plates made me chuckle. It's clearly a replica since the letters are not raised. Also, it's a "Gunma" plate. I guess that would be a cool thing in the US, but in Japan the more desirable plate would come from "Shinagawa" signifying the Tokyo area. Not that there's anything wrong with non-metropolitan areas, but it's similar to some Japanese guy produly showing off his replica Indiana plates (no offense intended for folks in Indiana). Ken

I don't know if anyone else did something similar, but I took some rubber washers from the plumbing section of the hardware store and mounted them behind the plate. I hated the thought of the plate rubbing against the paint...

The guy's just showing his FHI pride- after all the STi's are made in Gunma anyways... Maybe if they bring the Halifax to Japan, you'll see Japanese guys putting their replica Indiana plates on them :D [quote name='Ken S']Thanks for the replies guys. I do plan on using a front plate holder -- the Pep Boys idea is good -- I'll have to look into it. That STi with the Japanese plates made me chuckle. It's clearly a replica since the letters are not raised. Also, it's a "Gunma" plate. I guess that would be a cool thing in the US, but in Japan the more desirable plate would come from "Shinagawa" signifying the Tokyo area. Not that there's anything wrong with non-metropolitan areas, but it's similar to some Japanese guy produly showing off his replica Indiana plates (no offense intended for folks in Indiana). Ken[/quote]

Archived