LegacyGT.com

Good Dealer - MetroWest accessible

yuppiescum

Hey guys, I'm thinking about joining the Subie Gang. I'd like to go test drive a Legacy 3.6. Would love recommendations/endorsements on boston-area (metrowest especially) dealers. I've been to CitySide a few times to test drive for my wife (Forresters I believe) and myself (I took a WRX out for a spin a couple years ago, what a hoot of a car, but sadly I think it's not appropriate for the kind of city traffic I'm usually stuck in..). I'm pretty close to MetroWest in Natick as well and I'm sure there's one down in Norwood. Any red flags from any of these dealers? Also, is there a good subaru indy mechanic in the area?

if stuck in traffic:

a 2016-present WRX comes in automatic.

(2015 is a problem year for all the subaru CVTs, so if you want one make sure its already fixed,...and the dealers are glutted with 2015 until fall when the 16s come back)

if interested in a forester. wait for the new 2019s to come in: such will be on the global platform and should be a lot greater a car then the old ones

of 2011-present

(which have pretty awful front seats after 45 minutes,...= narrow and hard).

2019 should come out from under the tarp at the NY autoshow in 2 weeks.

I dunno about the dealers... I haven't had a terrible treatment with the service/parts at Cityside, but the parts guys aren't the brightest bunch in the world (have had a couple orders where they just missed parts that I explicitly ordered by giving them a piece of paper with part numbers/quantities listed on it...).

My dad bought his '08 Outback new from MetroWest, but that was quite a while ago. I don't think he had any problems, but he's also not really well-versed with car dealerships in general.

As for mechanics, I think the only shop I'd trust bringing my car to is Motive Auto in Woburn. I haven't been there myself since I can't justify their labor costs for the stuff I can do myself, but I know they have an extremely good reputation, and I know it's well-earned.

Metrowest is good. I've used them for service several times and inspections. They are fair same as Acton. I've purchased from Anchor Subaru and they were top notch, their overhaul of the dealership was pretty impressive as well.

Indy mechanic wise I can recommend Christo's Automotive in Natick. Top notch. And down in Walpole Chris Keefe Racing - he's the subie grand wizard when it comes to fixing issues. He knows subaru's inside and out. Both handle my XT, have caught issues where Metrowest didn't and they are all fairly priced.

I'd also get get on the MassSubaru board on facebook - generally the dealers get on there...think patrick, metro and a couple others - they always have great deals for members there.

Archived