LegacyGT.com

Bull bar/light bar

I know someone who installed that on their outback. He said it was an easy install and he really liked it.

Ironically after about a year, his wife was driving it and on a side street behind another car. That car stopped in the middle of the street. She stopped the usual 20-30' behind him, waiting for him to go. The other car threw it in reverse and backed into her with some speed.

The push bar got banged up and the upper piece that rests against the bumper had punctured the bumper.

No airbag deployment, no major issues, the bumper stayed on and didn't pop out anywhere.

Basically, the push bar absorbed the brunt of the impact. The puncture to the bumper is where the license plate goes anyway.

So overall, the push bar did it's job and protected the front of the car rather well. And it looked cool too

I know someone who installed that on their outback. He said it was an easy install and he really liked it.

Ironically after about a year, his wife was driving it and on a side street behind another car. That car stopped in the middle of the street. She stopped the usual 20-30' behind him, waiting for him to go. The other car threw it in reverse and backed into her with some speed.

The push bar got banged up and the upper piece that rests against the bumper had punctured the bumper.

No airbag deployment, no major issues, the bumper stayed on and didn't pop out anywhere.

Basically, the push bar absorbed the brunt of the impact. The puncture to the bumper is where the license plate goes anyway.

So overall, the push bar did it's job and protected the front of the car rather well. And it looked cool too

Cool I really like too and I would put like a 20” light bar but worried it’ll probably just get stolen,,but I still need to find out if it’ll fit on 6th gens.

They have one for the BN outback but not sure if that will fit ours

Here you go

https://www.rallyinnovations.com/products/2010-2014-subaru-legacy-light-bar

Lights mounted way too low - you want them at the same height as the ordinary headlights to actually get the light where it's useful.

Lighting up the road just under your nose only allows you to see what you will kill - or kill your car. Having them higher up will light up farther away and you'd improve your chances.

453747.png

Archived