LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT Wagon vs Sedan

Zidgel

Wagon VS Sedan  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Wagon VS Sedan

• Wagon
    • Sedan

My logic for wanting a sedan was that I don't need a GT wagon, I have a Suburban and my wife's Outback. For my fun turbo car I wanted something that looked cool too. Station wagons do not look cool IMO (and many people's opinion). I don't need cargo space, there's never even anything in my trunk (except an ice scraper, armor-all, and spray detailer). So based on that logic getting a wagon would just land me in a car that I didn't like looking at with zero benefit. There is nothing I use my sedan for that I would ever need a wagon for. I wanted a fun little sedan but I am not a fan of the WRX, so I got the car that looks sleeker and has a bigger engine, all without being lumped into that whole yeah bro douche WRX culture.

I totally understand how using a wagon is better for camping and that kind of stuff, and that is exactly the market segment Subaru aims the Outback at. Dependable, rugged, useful cargo space, and hell if you like to go fast they have a 2.5 turbo option in those too.

The reason the wagons are more rare is because not a lot of people bought them when new, because not a lot of people wanted them. It's a very niche thing. If that's what you're into then I'm glad you found one you're happy with, but stop acting like people who don't want a wagon are confused or something. They no longer make legacy wagons, and there aren't even that many station wagons available on the market today from other automakers. And usually the people who are looking for a wagon would rather have a car like an outback than something low to the ground, because logically it makes more sense.

agreed a decision to buy a sedan over a wagon is quite obviously directly affected by the other vehicles you own.

I've already got a forester why do I need a wagon? if I need space to haul things I will probably hook the trailer up to my forester.

I love wagons, but it has to have a manual transmission, which severely limits choice these days. My all time favorite car is the 1972 Volvo 1800es; the estate (wagon) version with the big glass hatch. My first car was a 1970 Volvo 145S. Then a series of Civic S and SI hatches (mini wagons!), followed by two 1994 Accord EX 5spd Wagons. My 2005 LGT Wagon is everything I always felt was missing from my previous rides. Power, modest luxury, good looks, reliability and all wheel drive - and a 5-speed manual! People like what they like; trying to say one is best is pointless. For me, my DD has got to be wagon-able. I hate dead lifting an 80 lb guitar amp over the rear panel into the trunk of a hatchback or sedan. In my case, what I need is the same as what I like. Can’t ask for more than that!

Archived