LegacyGT.com

Boost gauge VS BtSsm

I noticed that my Prosport boost gauge and my BtSsm do not agree on boost / vacuum levels. The Prosport is tapped in to a line under the hood (installed by previous owner). While engine braking, Ssm data is around -12inHg, but the boost gauge is closer to -20inHg. Under light throttle, Ssm will be around -5inHg and boost gauge will be -10inHg. Peak boost is around 11psi on both, but they take different routes to get there.

What should full vacuum be on these cars? Which do you trust more? My thought is the mechanical input of the boost gauge should be pretty accurate, but I'd like to think the ECU has a good idea of what's going on in there.

John Hancock

You can configure any unit you'd like in BtSsm but yes, the default params are NOT in terms of -inHg.

Sift through the latest RomRaider logger def XML (v3.26 if I recall) and pull out the Manifold Absolute or Relative/Relative-Sea Pressure fields you need with the appropriate unit conversion formula, add those to your BtSsm profile - done.

You can configure any unit you'd like in BtSsm but yes, the default params are NOT in terms of -inHg.

Sift through the latest RomRaider logger def XML (v3.26 if I recall) and pull out the Manifold Absolute or Relative/Relative-Sea Pressure fields you need with the appropriate unit conversion formula, add those to your BtSsm profile - done.

100% the answer I was hoping for. Thank you!

John Hancock

Archived