LegacyGT.com

Ebay painted rear bumper cover

Hello all, I bought my 08 DGM Spec B with some damage and some paint fade on the rear bumper cover and spoiler. I was wondering if anyone has some experience purchasing a rear bumper cover that will be painted to OEM color from a seller on Ebay for $411. Here is the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Painted-to-Match-Rear-Bumper-Cover-2008-2009-Subaru-Legacy-Sedan-57704AG33/350992240376?fits=Year%3A2008%7CModel%3ALegacy%7CSubmodel%3AGT&hash=item51b8c48ef8:g:b44AAOSwnNBXZXrF&vxp=mtr

Or would I be better off buying a primed bumper cover and going to a local shop to get it painted?

Thank you in advance for your opinions.

-Jake

In this situation, I'd always rather work with a shop in person. If the paint isn't right from the ebay seller what is your recourse?

Ship it back to them likely on your dime?

Plus I just don't trust ebay for purchases like that.

I bought a set of JDM fenders on there and the paint was trashed when they arrived. $500 to repaint them properly and what did the seller do? Gave me a $50 refund.

Have to agree, find a good body shop and have it done right the first time.

Your new, contact http://www.infamousperformance.net Member "m sprank" is close to you, reach out to him for recommendations and help with your car. He's someone your going to want to know.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If they are able to color match every bumper they sell then they are magicians!

There may be 3 to 4 variations on every color and matching it to a body panel is an art.

---

If they are able to color match every bumper they sell then they are magicians!

There may be 3 to 4 variations on every color and matching it to a body panel is an art.

Exactly, that doesn't even take into account how the other panels on a car have faded over time due to sun and elemental exposure.

Brought to you by Pfizer

The thing is I bet it would cost twice that to have a local shop paint and blend it. If you're on a tight budget, I'd give the ebay one a try. If you're willing to spend a little extra money to make sure the paint is blended properly and is a good match, go local.

I bought a painted front bumper in OBP from them last summer for $200 shipped, and have to say I'm pretty happy with it. In direct sunlight, you can definitely tell a difference in the paint, but most of the time it looks pretty close. I also only bought it because they're located about an hour away from me, which would have made returning it a lot easier.

I bought a painted front bumper in OBP from them last summer for $200 shipped, and have to say I'm pretty happy with it. In direct sunlight, you can definitely tell a difference in the paint, but most of the time it looks pretty close. I also only bought it because they're located about an hour away from me, which would have made returning it a lot easier.

Black is easier to match. The grey color is a toss up. Any silver color is a nightmare.

---

Just put a front bumper on mine off ebay, but got the one that's just got primer on it for $79 shipped. Fit perfect plus $300 body shop bill, so the total wasn't far off the price of the pre-painted version but this way it matches and mine is silver btw.

Isn't OBP a tri-stage? I would think anything less than tri-stage would be easier.

I can look it up but I think it only has a metal flake which is already included in the black mixture, so no I don't think it is a tri-stage.

White pearl is a tri-stage.

---

Archived