LegacyGT.com

2018 outback 3.6r 0-60

Interestingly, Ford sold about 80,000 Ford Tauruses in 2017 - but about 45K of those were fleet sales to PDs.

Subaru sold 50K Legacies in the U.S. in 2017.

By sheer numbers, the Taurus is a more common car on US roads, but more of the public bought Legacies vs. Tauruses in 2017.

I can understand not knowing that the SHO existed as they are pretty subdued unless you know what you're looking at.

But not to realize that the Taurus was a current model? Do you live in a cave somewhere? You dont notice cop cars or these big Ford sedans on the street?

I honestly thought they were discontinued in 2017. The police around here exclusively use Tahoe's and a few Explorers.

Lol. Are you serious? There are probably a 100 factors which could effect the drag strip performance of the same car on different days to the tune of a few tenths, much less two different cars 3 years apart.

I will tell you this, if 0-60 and 1/4 mike are priorities for you, you are barking up the wrong tree with the Legacy. The 365 hp Taurus SHO will lay waste to a legacy and doesn’t cost all that much more.

My wife has a Legacy. I have a Fusion Sport. All wheel drive, 325hp, 380lb-ft torque. C&D timed it at 5.1 0-60. Can be had for high 30k's. It's a nice car. No problems in two years. Skip that SHO.

David

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

My wife has a Legacy. I have a Fusion Sport. All wheel drive, 325hp, 380lb-ft torque. C&D timed it at 5.1 0-60. Can be had for high 30k's. It's a nice car. No problems in two years. Skip that SHO.

David

Lol. Are you serious? There are probably a 100 factors which could effect the drag strip performance of the same car on different days to the tune of a few tenths, much less two different cars 3 years apart.

I will tell you this, if 0-60 and 1/4 mike are priorities for you, you are barking up the wrong tree with the Legacy. The 365 hp Taurus SHO will lay waste to a legacy and doesn’t cost all that much more.

DavidMy wife has a Legacy. I have a Fusion Sport. All wheel drive, 325hp, 380lb-ft torque. C&D timed it at 5.1 0-60. Can be had for high 30k's. It's a nice car. No problems in two years. Skip that SHO.

David

DavidMy wife has a Legacy. I have a Fusion Sport. All wheel drive, 325hp, 380lb-ft torque. C&D timed it at 5.1 0-60. Can be had for high 30k's. It's a nice car. No problems in two years. Skip that SHO.

David

I have no idea what Tapatalk did above. I swear I didn't write that three times!

David

One of the problems my uncle has with the fusion sport is the terrible gas mileage around town. We were talking about how he was getting 16mpg. My WRX gets much better than that.

One of the problems my uncle has with the fusion sport is the terrible gas mileage around town. We were talking about how he was getting 16mpg. My WRX gets much better than that.

That is really low. I average around 20 in the winter and maybe 21 or 22 in summer.i can get 27 highway if only moderately aggressive. :-)

Interestingly, Ford sold about 80,000 Ford Tauruses in 2017 - but about 45K of those were fleet sales to PDs.

Subaru sold 50K Legacies in the U.S. in 2017.

By sheer numbers, the Taurus is a more common car on US roads, but more of the public bought Legacies vs. Tauruses in 2017.

The fleet car probably include rental cars as well. I have a couple them a car rental, I do not like the Taurus rental cars I have had.

a Taurus / Legacy numbers comparison is not really valid as the Legacy is mid sized and the Taurus is a full sized car... when you get right down to it, Legacy sales are sorely lacking when compared to it's direct competition.. Honda and Toyota whom sell 5 to 6x more Camry/accords... Edited by YeuEmMaiMai

I doubt the HP and Torque portion is legit but the app OBD Fusion allowed me to get this. I purchased the Carista module to test.

I was able to get 0-60 in 6.27 seconds on 93 and no electronics on.

0f40044d9a4cf55dd515f4f4ec73ac9c.jpg

3f7de4c36f61c5996f417345542fb10a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
I doubt the HP and Torque portion is legit but the app OBD Fusion allowed me to get this. I purchased the Carista module to test.

I was able to get 0-60 in 6.27 seconds on 93 and no electronics on.

0f40044d9a4cf55dd515f4f4ec73ac9c.jpg

3f7de4c36f61c5996f417345542fb10a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be interesting to see your 1/4 times.

... when you get right down to it, Legacy sales are sorely lacking when compared to it's direct competition.. Honda and Toyota whom sell 5 to 6x more Camry/accords...

Legacy (Liberty here in Oz) has now been deleted from the Subaru line-up :mad:

https://www.caradvice.com.au/880119/subaru-liberty-axed-from-australian-line-up-outback-safe/