LegacyGT.com

Oil pressure light

If the oil pressure sensor is saying the oil pressure is not within spec, why aren't you checking the actual pressure value with a mechanical gauge? Throwing money at sensors and conjecturing about oil pickup tube or oil pump problems doesn't make sense to me. You don't even know what the pressure is. Could be a wiring issue or some other electrical problem.

The FSM does say to disconnect the wire from the sensor and make sure it's getting at least 10v with the key turned to the on position, worth a try to check that quickly.

Are the cracked pickup tubes a problem for non-turbos too? I haven't read about a non-turbo owner having a problem, but I think there are also less of us here.

The FSM does say to disconnect the wire from the sensor and make sure it's getting at least 10v with the key turned to the on position, worth a try to check that quickly.

Are the cracked pickup tubes a problem for non-turbos too? I haven't read about a non-turbo owner having a problem, but I think there are also less of us here.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same pickup tube problem. But it may not be as frequent on the non-turbos due to different driving habits - a NA don't have the "fun" range at the top that stresses things in the same way.

As for checking the voltage - it would only give an indication of less than 10v or so if there really was a short to ground somewhere on the wiring but otherwise it won't reveal much.

453747.png

Archived