LegacyGT.com

USB (while they are replacing my passenger air bag?).

What is this craziness you speak of? Do you have a sound system that doesn't have the AUX and USB inputs in the console/arm-rest ? I thought they all did...

If the stereo doesn't have a USB input then it can't be added, I wouldn't think. The head unit would have to have the hardware/brains to use the data/usb feed rather than an analog input. Your best option would be to replace the head unit with aftermarket.

try and find a used 2012 LGT headunit, it'll have the usb input...

I was thinking today this same thing. Pimp one from a newer LGT!! Thanks for reinforcing the fact that it is unacceptable to have a 2010car without a USB connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking today this same thing. Pimp one from a newer LGT!! Thanks for reinforcing the fact that it is unacceptable to have a 2010car without a USB connection.

Go aftermarket. I have the usb/media hub and the file logic sucks. It restarts every time you shut the car off. I don't even use it, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Go aftermarket. I have the usb/media hub and the file logic sucks. It restarts every time you shut the car off. I don't even use it, lol.

Are you still able to use the steering wheel controls?

Do you know if anyone has a head unit removal tutorial on here for a 5th gen?

You probably don't need a tutorial, but you can find one by searching for the "ground pin 13 to disable the nav lockout" mod.

Long story short, after you pull off the trim piece, there will be 3 screws on each side of the head unit. The middle ones are surprisingly deep in there, but can be retrieved with a basic screwdriver. You'll have to pull plugs as the unit comes out, as the harness is pretty short.

Are you still able to use the steering wheel controls?

Use the swc for what? Changing tracks...i think so

What is your headunit? There are many. My Subaru navigation headunit with big screen Kenwood FXDA09EREF2 supports USB, however I have only stereo jack in the armrest as well. Subaru offers to buy an optional USB cable which is incredibly expensive (I will do it myself later in spring/summer time when start audio system upgrade). Perhaps it's not possible for your headunit, since mine is EU version.

Archived