LegacyGT.com

Extended Warranty

the extended warranty only covers powertrain etc ...right?? doesnt cover you for things like one flat tire (read: replace all four at ur expense) or creak in the doors, or wind noise from driver side window or airbag light coming on due to dirty underseat connector ($100 to clean)

Depends on which Subaru Extended Warranty you buy, Classic or Gold;

- The Classic plans cover all major components like powertrain, some A/C & electrical parts, etc.

- The Gold plans cover just about everything except for wear items, and even tire repairs and replacment in certain cases are covered. Also covers adjustments, Navigation and entertainment components, etc.

You can by the Subaru extended warranty's at any time as long as the 3yr/36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty has not expired.

..and remember each dealer set their own pricing for the warranties...so shop around.

...and working in a Subaru service department I've seen the warranties pay for themselves many times...(like the lady who had a 100,000 mile extended warranty that needed a new transmission at 97,000 miles...the warranty paid the entire $3,700 repair and covered a rental car...), so if your going to keep the car for awhile....they are probably worthwhile.

Oh also dont forget at around 30K, then at 60K and then at 90K you will have some expensive servicing that will needed to be done on ur car.

Subaru also offers Maintenance Plans that can be purchased that include the normal Maintenance's like oil changes and the 15K, 30K, 45K, etc service intervals. I have one on my car that covers all the routine maintenance up to and including the 30K service...

Archived