LegacyGT.com

It feels good to be back

After selling my LGT wagon 5MT limited four years ago and living a life of regret I am officially back to ask stupid questions.

I purchased a 05 OBXT 5mt limited single owner 100% stock just days ago. LGT's seem pretty much non existent nowadays...

What is required to get these things low, coils, lgt bump stops? Should i look in LCA's? adjustable? Just want to know the facts before I get into an OH F*** situation.

Thanks everyone!

If you want it to properly handle like a Legacy would, you need to remove the body lift and replace lateral links in the rear. Possibly the drive shaft, too. Fair amount of work.

People slam their Outbacks leaving the body lift in place, but that's suboptimal.

If I had an OBXT I'd just import the Outback specific Bilsteins from Japan, assuming they are still available, and enjoy the increased ground clearance.

Good to see you again Max Capacity

Yea, some of us don't know enough to ever move on... LOL

Do you still have the service manual ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If I had an OBXT I'd just import the Outback specific Bilsteins from Japan, assuming they are still available, and enjoy the increased ground clearance.

That’s the route I went and I’m very happy with the handling. I also have all of the Whiteline bushings/arms/bars/endlinks. For me, just upgrading the rear sway bar and links (and also AVO mounts) was a huge step in the right direction. The Bilstein BTS kit also comes in a 30mm lower version which I’ve considered getting.

Archived