LegacyGT.com

2015 3.6r CVT Fluid

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leaking. Uhoh. From the drain or check plug or from somewhere else? If you’ve never touched it I would think it was covered by warranty. If it was inappropriately opened or there was some type of human element associated with it (example, Jiffy Lube) then it might be potentially difficult if it was incontrovertible that it was not a manufacturing defect.

Good luck. Let us know what happens. And call Corporate in the unlikely event the dealers aren’t willing to help.

Leaking. Uhoh. From the drain or check plug or from somewhere else? If you’ve never touched it I would think it was covered by warranty. If it was inappropriately opened or there was some type of human element associated with it (example, Jiffy Lube) then it might be potentially difficult if it was incontrovertible that it was not a manufacturing defect.

Good luck. Let us know what happens. And call Corporate in the unlikely event the dealers aren’t willing to help.

or if an aftermarket cooler was added...

Taxi Driver?

Lol, nope. I do Armed Security for a living. I live 53 miles from my job though. So I commute about 110 miles a day, round trip. And I prefer to be the driver anytime I go anywhere, so even my days off work when me and the fiance' go out, its in my car. I have always been a high mileage driver.

Lol, nope. I do Armed Security for a living. I live 53 miles from my job though. So I commute about 110 miles a day, round trip. And I prefer to be the driver anytime I go anywhere, so even my days off work when me and the fiance' go out, its in my car. I have always been a high mileage driver.

I am a little concerned that the previous owner did something stupid. However there is a TSB (pasted below) for leaking CVT's.

16-103-16 - Transmission Fluid Seepage

This bulletin has been developed in response to a small number of customer concerns regarding fluid seepage found coming from the CVT assembly. Investigation has identified a likely source of the seepage to be the sealant used on the CVT’s oil pump chain cover. The repair involves removal, a thorough cleaning and inspection of the sealing surfaces followed by re-sealing the cover.

Only listed for the 3.6 - doesn't appear for the 2.5

• 2 weeks later...

Archived