LegacyGT.com

Steering mounted "mute" button function during calls

So when I'm on a call and want to mute myself, the button on the steering wheel doesn't do anything. I have to reach over to the HU and touch the mute button on the screen. The steering wheel button works when the radio is playing.

Is this missed functionality on our models or is it just my car?

The mute button on the steering wheel (I'm assuming your model has one, the 2018s don't, at least mine doesn't) is for the radio. It won't mute a phone call. Totally different function. The one on the steering wheel mutes the radio speaker output. When you're on a phone call, the mute button on the screen mutes microphone input that gets sent via bluetooth to the phone.

Hope that helps?

The mute button on the steering wheel (I'm assuming your model has one, the 2018s don't, at least mine doesn't) is for the radio. It won't mute a phone call. Totally different function. The one on the steering wheel mutes the radio speaker output. When you're on a phone call, the mute button on the screen mutes microphone input that gets sent via bluetooth to the phone.

Hope that helps?

Thanks! Yes, referring to the 15-17. Guess I was expecting it to be smart

off topic, I noticed that the 18s don't have the steering mounted mute button too. how do you mute on the 18s. Just lower the volume to 0?

Archived