LegacyGT.com

2010 2.5i kyb and eibach?

Hi all, i have a 2010 2.5i legacy cvt.

I want to lower the car a bit and the eibach spring seem to fit the bill well. They have progressive rate which is nice for a daily driver.

I currently have kyb shocks and 2013-14 springs which have been serving me well but id like to go for a bit lower to minimize the wheel well gap.

A member on here also rock the eibach with kyb but he has 3.6. i wonder will the heavier car makes the ride different.

My main question is how different in terms of ride quality this combo compared to 13-14 stock, or kyb with 13-14 spring?

My GT had KYB Struts and Eibach springs when I bought it. It rode pretty good, but it wasn't as nice as the Koni/Eibach that I have on it now or that I had on my 2.5i prior to buying my GT. I ended up putting the KYB struts with my stock spring on my '12 2.5i before I sold it. I don't have experience with 13/14 springs. I kind of imagine the Eibach are slightly stiffer than stock 13/14 springs, supposedly the spring rates are similar.

My GT had KYB Struts and Eibach springs when I bought it. It rode pretty good, but it wasn't as nice as the Koni/Eibach that I have on it now or that I had on my 2.5i prior to buying my GT. I ended up putting the KYB struts with my stock spring on my '12 2.5i before I sold it. I don't have experience with 13/14 springs. I kind of imagine the Eibach are slightly stiffer than stock 13/14 springs, supposedly the spring rates are similar.

Thanks for the input. The Koni is a bit of more difficult for my skills, tools and budget. I am enjoying the 13-14 spring rate with kyb at the moment (i.e ride firmer, more precise) albeit abit rough over rough roads. Id just want similar ride quality but a bit lower to cover the wheel gap. 13-14 spring rates provide really drastic change in the driving quality.

• 1 month later...

So i decided to buy the Eibach pro kit for 2010 Legacies.

Just installed yesterday. Impression so far is Great!. Compared to previous set-up, the car rides much more calm over bumps, rough roads and less sway at high MPH on the free way. Turning is more confident and radius is, subjectively, smaller. Nose dives and lurches are nearly gone. Body lean is much less. I feel more confident pressing on the brake without being thrown forward compared to stock 2010 or KYB+2013-14 springs.

The springs are setting in so I'll take pics after maybe 100-200 miles of daily driving.

The mechanic said strangely the Eibach did not sit well on one side. He could not get the perch at the bottom and top hat to line up well. He said that it is typical of Eibach when paired with stock set-ups. He also pref H&R over Eibach.

Weirdly only my passenger side front strut is leaking and I just replaced the whole set (KYB for 2010 legacy) at the end of 2016. I'm quite bummed :( but for now it is not noticeable.

Nope, gas shock absorbers still have oil in them, so it could be the shock that's leaking. They have a compressed air charge in there to keep the oil from frothing up, but they still work by forcing oil to pass through small holes in a piston to damp out motion.

Nope, gas shock absorbers still have oil in them, so it could be the shock that's leaking. They have a compressed air charge in there to keep the oil from frothing up, but they still work by forcing oil to pass through small holes in a piston to damp out motion.

Ah I see. That is a big bummer. Ill wait for the current strut to die out then swith to the new 13 14 struts. Thank you

Archived