LegacyGT.com

Whit’s BNR 18G Build

I did just speak to Bren and said he sees an 8-10 HP increase doing deletes. Those IAG’s look real nice! I’ll prob just grab those, but not sure if I can just cut flappers off oem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can. However, if you want to keep your own, pull everything in there, smooth done the insides, and plug the holes. Then you just need to have Bren tune for it. Honestly, the labor cost of a shop retrofitting my OEMs was about the same ballpark as buying a made set.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Composite spacers??? To keep our composite intake cooler? Lol, those were more for the previous AL intakes. There is also some porting that can be done in the TGV once the unnecessary parts are removed. A quick google search will flood you with information.

Screw it, easier just to buy IAG. What about phenolic spacers?

Talk to Bren. I don't really think its needed with ours... certainly can - not very expensive @ $50. piece of mind and smiles really.

FWIW - AWDTuning did not put any on mine.

Yes I agree joe, thank you! The id1050x should come with seals right? I didn’t even ck yet. And I did order the IAG deletes. Getting excited!!

They sure do. Also come with electrical connectors and usually aluminum caps that look cool on a shelf.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, all parts are in and the IAG billet TGV delete is gorgeous!! Just booked dyno tune with Bren Tuning on April 24th, as all work will be performed on the 23rd.

Thank you!! Just did spark plugs and compression ck while in there, looking good!

Cyl 2. 153

Cyl 4. 158

Cyl 1. 155

Cyl 3. 153

Car only has 56k on it so should be no reason for an influx in compression

I had my technician at work do the test while replacing spark plugs with NGK one step colder. It’s pretty simple just removing coil and plug from the cylinder to be tested and attach compression tester. Crank car over for 3 seconds or so and take reading.

I had my technician at work do the test while replacing spark plugs with NGK one step colder. It’s pretty simple just removing coil and plug from the cylinder to be tested and attach compression tester. Crank car over for 3 seconds or so and take reading.

Did you do it on a warm or cold motor?

With that consistency and strength of pressure I wouldn't be concerned with the engine temperature. If they were lower or inconsistent that would be different.
It was late last night when I posted that, thinking about it now, I got mixed up with a leak down, which you want to do with a warm motor.

Archived