LegacyGT.com

Headlights and Tires - Recommendations?

Like with others here, I recommend at least getting HIDs and fogs. Since the fog lights are lower to the ground the light will cast longer shadows and let you see additional detail on the road surface, especially in rainy weather. As for HIDs, I used a kit from Volt as recommended by others in this forum. I still have them in my car. 6 years later. No issues. The difference in light color also helps in distinguishing your headlights vs street lights and can affect your perception of how bright your headlights are.

Regardless of HID or LED you have to get the right type for the headlight type you have.

For HID it's D2S for projector lens and D2R for reflector (as an example).

That's if, a big if, the reflector was designed for HIDs, just dropping D2R into normal reflectors is still bad.

FLLegacy

I don't know about that. In my old 08 Leggy I had a HID kit for around 50 bucks and it lasted a very long time. No issues in 4 years until the car got wrecked. But I wanna go LED this time in my 14 Leggy and like I said above the dust cap is the main issue.

I debated headlight bulbs for a long time and ended up going with HIR1 bulbs from Candlepower Inc and have been really happy. They were brighter than stock and direct replacement without using a kit. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But that's for 9005/HB3 only (i.e. high beam). 9006/HB4 has 9012/HIR2 upgrade available.

If you're dead set on LEDs, Philips has H7 I believe, although not much of an upgrade (better off with Osram Laser from what I've heard, Philips Racing Vision is bright but won't last as long). But then, spending $200 on LED bulbs, might as well retrofit for vastly better lighting.

I wish I could get an old used crosstrek in manual for a decent price. I'd really love a camping/winter car.

They have been around since 2013, and they are pretty popular. So, I would think they would have decent prices soon. When we turned in our 2014 off the lease, we could have bought it for around $15k in September of 16'.

Archived