LegacyGT.com

Sterling VA Spec B

USMC6217

May be the wrong place to put this but is there anyone who is familiar with these cars in the Sterlung VA area that wouldn't mind inspecting a spec B for sale in the area? Im now stationed in NC and cant make it up there for a bit. Seller does not have info such as last compression, leak down or smoke test. Refuses to give info such as status of bilstein shocks, turbo etc. Should pass on it but im a glutton for punshment at times.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Gents i apologize for the delay. The VIN is as follows: 4S3BL696583202658 and the link is : https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/d/2008-subaru-legacy-gt-spec-6/6432274340.html

Ive been dealing with briefings about an upcoming training det, sometimes Uncle Sam brings these things at the wrong frickin times.

i expressed that i was stationed in another state and prefered email correspondence to have written record of it and he was very defensive and insisted on phone only. When i asked the questions about the compression, leak down, smoke check etc he mentioned not wanting to deal with mechanics because they try and poke holes in his price. that one really raised some questions. Id love to grab a spec b for under 10K but not if its a ticking time bomb ya know. Ive already played that game with my last 08 and it wasnt fun.......or cheap!

i expressed that i was stationed in another state and prefered email correspondence to have written record of it and he was very defensive and insisted on phone only. When i asked the questions about the compression, leak down, smoke check etc he mentioned not wanting to deal with mechanics because they try and poke holes in his price. that one really raised some questions. Id love to grab a spec b for under 10K but not if its a ticking time bomb ya know. Ive already played that game with my last 08 and it wasnt fun.......or cheap!

What a douche. If his car is as good as he thinks it is, a mechanic inspection will justify his price.

So either he knows something is wrong, or he wants to use ignorance to support his price. I just might call him today myself to ask about inspections to make him realize that buyers looking for these cars usually do a little homework first.

Also, why the hell are there 17" wheels instead of the factory size 18s?

^ I noticed both of those too. But I debadged "Subaru" and "2.5 GT" leaving just "Legacy" on my trunk ... so I think debadging just comes down to minor taste.

The speakers in the rear doors are truly bizarre. It's even a weird placement. I don't get it at all.

I noticed all those things also, and those wheels are heinous IMO. The tweeters in the rear doors really shocked, not one person would want highs being blasted in their ears. The dude told me the only thing i needed to know about the car was that it was a limited edition only 1 of 400 made that year. I gave him the correct number of 856 that were made in 08 and he didnt seem too pleased.

• Moderators
I had texted this guy previously, lol. He's also not in sterling--he told me he's in winchester. I asked if the car had any mods or if he had maintenance history and his response was a simple "no." So I guess no mods and no maintenance history, you know, aside from tweeters and a back up cam I guess.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Few things which have all been pointed out but I'l list:

1. Not stock wheels

2. Spec.B doesn't come with a backup camera or JBL tweeters, but it does come with the display screen for the navigation

3. Ive sold all my previous Legacys each one there was copious amounts of maintenance information and/or a mechanics inspection. You've read the threads "I got a great deal....it blew up 100 miles later" or "it wasn't rebuilt properly b/c I didnt know it was rebuilt to start with".

4. The suspension isnt adjustable in stock form

5. ASA wheels are meh at best

We all would love a Spec.B, I would sell my 08 LGT to get a decent 08-09 Spec.B in an instant, but if they don't want to "poke holes in the price" one can only assume there is something worth poking.

Few things which have all been pointed out but I'l list:

1. Not stock wheels

2. Spec.B doesn't come with a backup camera or JBL tweeters, but it does come with the display screen for the navigation

3. Ive sold all my previous Legacys each one there was copious amounts of maintenance information and/or a mechanics inspection. You've read the threads "I got a great deal....it blew up 100 miles later" or "it wasn't rebuilt properly b/c I didnt know it was rebuilt to start with".

We all would love a Spec.B, I would sell my 08 LGT to get a decent 08-09 Spec.B in an instant, but if they don't want to "poke holes in the price" one can only assume there is something worth poking.

My thoughts exactly, the search continues.

But that OBP LGT with the chrome sills you have is nice. I used to have a 09 LGT just like, I loved it and I sold it, regretted it heavily and bought my current 08 QSM LGT :)
i wish i could say i still had it. I was rear ended by a semi and it was totaled and Ive been looking for one ever since. I finally had that thing running perfectly too. Its really hard finding another one that was is in the same material condition as my last one and bone stock. The motor had a little of 3k miles on when it was totaled.

Archived