LegacyGT.com

Green Plug under dash unplugged???

2005-OB-XT

When I was cleaning my car up today I found a 2-wire plug with a gleen clip unplugged. The plug is located on the passenger side of the car under the dash. It looks like it is supposed to be located under the carpet where the carpet and dash meet. Since the two end plugged together I decided to plug it in. When I do that the Check Engine light flashes. The plug is unplugged now and I haven't noticed any issues. I have a 2005 OB XT wagon that I purchased in August 2005.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

Bryan

Its supposed to be. without getting into to much detail, its part of the cars computer wiring. Your dealer, or you when you link an AP will connect the two together and it allows you to gain access to the cars computer through the port under your drivers side dash.

Do a search for COBB , I think there is a sticky that explains it WAAAAAAY beeter than I just did.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Oh crap! Dude, you better plug those back in. That's the plug that connects the computer to the turbo. If you leave those unplugged, you won't have any turbo management.

Or it could be the diagnostics plug as others have suggested.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dont touch that!!!!

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Sorry guys ... I thought I layed the sarcasm on thick enough that no one would take me seriously ... perhaps not.

Seriously ... leave them unplugged and tuck them back under the carpet.

Subaru is BEGGING for service calls with this (and quite a few other car manufacturers as well). It would have been trivial to have designed the computer such that test mode was to disconnect the connectors. Leaving two matching connectors disconnected & hanging from the dashboard is BEGGING someone to connect them together. Disconnected connectors just don't look right. It's like a picture hanging crooked on the wall, there are people who just can't leave it that way, they MUST straighten it.

Archived