LegacyGT.com

Underseat sub alternative

Hi,

I currently have the OEM underseat sub which I bought as an addition. I don't have HK system.

Recently I upgraded the door speakers and HU and the sound are much better. However, the newer system lack low end punch at high speed (low speed is adequate) so I am looking for an replacement for the sub. I'm not looking for rattling sub or trunk subs.

Have any of you guys had any experience with other aftermarket underseat subs, or even better, was/were in my situation?

I searched the forum and found someone who installed the aftermarket underseat for 4th gen but no comparison with OEM underseat.

Some recommendations will be great!

Thanks!

Not that I have any experience with either option, but another thing you might look into is installing some sound-deadening material in the doors- I've seen that in a few threads, and it seems like that's a worthwhile endeavor.

Not that I have any experience with either option, but another thing you might look into is installing some sound-deadening material in the doors- I've seen that in a few threads, and it seems like that's a worthwhile endeavor.

Thanks for the tip. I did install some material from amazon. For 80 could do all 4 doors (metal and panel) plus the entire trunk. The deading effect is quite noticable. I havnt heard the engine droning as much as before anymore. Trunk vibration is also kept down which is nice.

Personally if the under seat sub is less than your are looking for, I would do a small trunk sub. You are going to spend just as much money trying to make an pre-made under seat sub work as you could building an enclosure with quality 10" sub and couple hundred watt amplifier. A properly done trunk sub will sound much better as well.

Personally if the under seat sub is less than your are looking for, I would do a small trunk sub. You are going to spend just as much money trying to make an pre-made under seat sub work as you could building an enclosure with quality 10" sub and couple hundred watt amplifier. A properly done trunk sub will sound much better as well.

I went with the underseat sub due to weekly family hauls from groceries and what not. So trunk space is needed. There are no option for sub that will fit the side pockets near the rear end. For now i eq the door to cut off at 50hz with -18 cut off. The underseat at 100 with -18 forward fall off. The low end is rounded well since the door speakers can handle that setting.

Archived