LegacyGT.com

OEM or LED lights for 5th Gen Leg.

Hey all,

I have had my 2011 leg premium for about a year now.

My co-worker said my brake light on the driver side was out as he left work behind me yesterday. Upon checking all of the lights, I am out a driver side brake light and a driver side front position light (so...time to replace 2 brake lights and 2 front position lights on my car).

I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on going with LED for either / both of these. Is it as easy as plug and play? I know the installation can be kind of a pain in the a$$ for the low beams, has anyone had issues with these replacements?

Any pics of your upgrades would be cool too.

Thanks,

ive changed literally every single bulb in the car inside and out to led. i highly recommend vleds for all led bulbs...slightly pricier than others but the quality and brightness MORE than makes up for it. the only issue you may run into with leds in your brake lights is it seems the the 10-12 cars like to go into limp mode or have dash lights flashing everywhere if you dont add resistors or buy self regulated bulbs. i have fully internally regulated leds in my brake lights and i have had zero issues going on 3+ years w them

ive changed literally every single bulb in the car inside and out to led. i highly recommend vleds for all led bulbs...slightly pricier than others but the quality and brightness MORE than makes up for it. the only issue you may run into with leds in your brake lights is it seems the the 10-12 cars like to go into limp mode or have dash lights flashing everywhere if you dont add resistors or buy self regulated bulbs. i have fully internally regulated leds in my brake lights and i have had zero issues going on 3+ years w them

are the vled self regulated?

how easy would adding a resistor be?

Archived