LegacyGT.com

Nokya H3 Foglight Bulb (Yellow)

wukilla98

I just bought these Nokya's to complement my HID's I should be receiving this week. Anyone have any experience with this particular bulb. One thing that has me a little hesitant is the 70 watt rating as opposed to the stock 55 watt. Do you guys think this will be safe?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8010880911&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im Running The Nokya Artic White 70w In My Low Beams Right Now, And My Nokya 70 Watt Yellow Fogs Are On The Way Too......no Problems Here

I Dont Care What Anyone Says, Nokya's Are Sweet And Have Given Me No Problems On Any Of The Vehicles I Have Put Them On.....nokya Is A Good Company And And Also Owns Polarg And Raybrig...go For It

Id Say 70 Watts Is Fine...100 Watt Would Be Asking For Trouble

You *should* be just fine - most modern vehicles do just fine with overwattage bulbs, as long as you don't go absolutely crazy. ;)

I've found this, however, to be highly vehicle-specific. Your unique vehicle may or may not be fine with the increased wattage. Keep an eye on your wiring for the first few minutes after you first engage the lamps, just in case they start smoking/melting.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Check back in a few months and see if your wonderful Noyka bulbs look like this:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Pisadong/JuniorsB-day039.jpg

This is a pic of a Noyka H7 bulb I had in my car for 2-3 months. The heat from the filament actually distorted and bubbled the glass. I thought the Noyka's were ok at first, but obviously they are not the best quality bulbs out there. :munch:

it's the high wattage bulbs that not only kill the bulb itself, but can ruin your wiring due to the wattage draw.. Legacy (or Subaru for that matter) don't use thick/large enough headlight wiring to support that kind of draw for a long period of time. Typically, the headlight harness will melt from using such high wattage draw bulbs.. I use PIAA because they are rated at the right wattage (near stock) and don't kill your wiring.
Keefe

DO NOT BUY the Hella Yellowstars. I had them for a while too. First off they are not that yellow. Secondly, I've now bought 4, and 3 have burned out in a span of a month. Spend your money elsewhere. Don't know if I had the bad luck with them, but a 75% failure rate is not good.

I got em in and installed em along w/ my 6K xtec kit...they look really good, a really deep, rich, yellow. Also, the 75 watts is the output, not the actual 'draw,' which is 55w as is stock. I'm happy with them for now.

I ordered them through the link on the first post. I should have them here this week. I also installed the Xtec 5000K HID kit this past week so I can't wait to see what they look like in real person.

X

---

DO NOT BUY the Hella Yellowstars. I had them for a while too. First off they are not that yellow. Secondly, I've now bought 4, and 3 have burned out in a span of a month. Spend your money elsewhere. Don't know if I had the bad luck with them, but a 75% failure rate is not good.

Or maybe I had good luck,I never had a prob.:icon_conf

Check back in a few months and see if your wonderful Noyka bulbs look like this:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Pisadong/JuniorsB-day039.jpg

This is a pic of a Noyka H7 bulb I had in my car for 2-3 months. The heat from the filament actually distorted and bubbled the glass. I thought the Noyka's were ok at first, but obviously they are not the best quality bulbs out there. :munch:

That happens when you get a fingerprint on the bulb. I've Seen Catz/PIAA/Sylvania's all do that because of some foreign type of oil on the lamp.

Ummm... no. Those that know me well, know that I'm about as anal as they come. I soak the glass part of all my bulbs in alcohol pre installation and wipe them down with an alcohol moistened microfiber towel before installation. I then hold the base of the bulb with the same towel as I install. Trust me, there wasn't a trace of oil on that bulb.

• 4 weeks later...

mine did that too!!!!!

had em in for 3 weeks!!! ive had nokya's in all my vehicles no problems, but my h7's did that too,,,,im done with aftermarket bulbs....still have nokya yellows in the fogs

h.i.d's on the way!!!!

I pulled everything out in the open and ran 100W H3's for some time. Temperature difference from stock on housing was barely detectable.. wiring was ice cold. Reflector is metal and the lens is glass.. And this is sitting stationary on my garage floor.. I'm almost tempted to see what 130 watt bulbs will do. This is japanese electronics, not french. The wiring is not used as a fuse, the fuses are. The relays are also replaceable for a reason.

Colored bulbs = screwed. The color turns the light into heat, which is trapped inside the bulb and inside the housing..

100W fogs are also nearly the same color temp as my Phillips HID's.

Pretty good deal for all $10 I spent on a pair.

Archived