LegacyGT.com

Recommendations for a good all weather LGT car cover

I know someone in here has to have purchased a car cover in the past. Does anyone have any good recommendations for an all weather car cover that won't damage the paint? I need to have my LGT sit outdoors for at least this winter and probably the summer now so any and all recommendations will be taken into account and investigated.

Thanks everyone.

:)

From my previous experience on other cars, it's not worth it to have a car cover on if you're storing the car outside. Any wind will blow up dirt and any other debris under the covered and moisture will be more trapped. If you want to protect the car from the elements, I would suggest getting a temporary style single car garage. Most expensive sure but it will do a much better job protecting your car

I can't say for the long term, but I picked up the RainX Large cover at Costco a couple of weeks ago, and I just put it on today. It's a fairly tight fit in the corners, but loose in a few other spots. It has a strap and buckle system so that it can be tight in the middle.

Having had a car covered long term before, it's a good idea to take the cover off every now and then to clean any thing that got under the cover.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

• 2 months later...

Don’t get a car cover or bra covers, if there’s dust or dirt underneath the covers and it rains or gets really windy it’ll do a lot of damage akin to wet sanding. Car covers just did a big recall because of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do use a car cover on my Z3 roadster and am really impressed with my Covercraft Block-It 380 car cover. After all winter sitting outside through rain, snow, and wind, the car is just as clean and dry as the day I covered it.

link here: https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/product/ready-fit-semi-custom-block-it-380-car-cover.C78-CCB3 but you can probably buy if for less on eBay. (I did.)

Archived